- This event has passed.
IoT Workshop: Build a Flood Tracker
October 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm EDTFree
In follow up to our first event, you’ll get to:
- Go on a quick tour of Moonlighter and the tools being used, and get set up at your workstation
- Begin building your water-level tracking devices
- Hands-on help from the Code for Miami and Moonlighter teams
- Enough snacks to fuel the building process from Fufi Restaurant and other local fare
In our first session, you:
- Learned about instances of flooding and changing water levels throughout South Florida as a result of sea level rise and King Tide
- What’s needed to build your device
- Explored the first steps in building a water tracker
- Started to form teams of 2-4 people to build your device (each device requires someone to be able to build it, program it, and test it out)
Don’t worry if you didn’t get to make it though, we’ll take a few minutes to get everyone up to speed come Saturday.
Due to limited space, please only RSVP if you plan on attending.
We ask that participants at Code for Miami events follow our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/Code-for-Miami/codeofconduct) to ensure that our group is a safe and welcoming space.