Who we are
We’re a well-funded startup growing quickly and we’re building a blockchain asset exchange. We’re both a technology company and a financial services company.
Currently there’s 7 of us. We’re adding 20 more to the team over the next 8 months.
We need the help of an HR manager to aid us in this growth and make sure our operations continue to run smoothly. Additionally, we’re seeking someone who wants to grow with the company and is able to take on larger responsibilities as the company’s operational needs become more complex.
Miami, FL (Cambridge Innovation Center)
The HR Manager’s Mission
To oversee HR and ensure the company is able to recruit the best talent and scale to accommodate growth in the underlying business.
If you’re able to do this successfully, you will be an integral part of a business that will grow from 0 to $10M in revenue and from 5 team members to 40 – all within the first year. There will be room to grow as the company itself grows and matures.
The following outcomes are what will be used to grade performance for the role in the first 8 – 12 months.
Setup HR operations.
- Oversee new hire onboarding. Help craft company culture and ensure that all new hires are well-suited to the company’s culture.
- Oversee the successful onboarding of 40 new hires within year 1 – from sourcing to contract execution to completion of day 100. (Recruiting is a full team effort that everyone will be involved in. You’ll make sure it happens on tempo.)
- Create job descriptions, post jobs to job boards, identify and develop other avenues to source talent. Work with internal/outside recruiters as needed. Identify the best methods to recruit talent cost-effectively.
- Ensure HR compliance checklists (local, state, federal) are maintained and followed 100% of the time for each recruitment candidate
- Ensure payroll is properly configured and run on time for both employees and contractors. Work with accounting and legal as needed to ensure compliance.
- Setup and oversee company health care and other benefits.
- Oversee and ensure annual reviews for all staff.
- Oversee contractor agreements and onboarding.
- Refer 3 candidates into the recruitment pool from your network within year 1.
These are the top competencies we see as necessary for this role:
- Organization. Focuses on key priorities. Organizes, schedules, and budgets in a productive manner.
- Efficiency. Hates wasting resources. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Responsibility. Takes ownership of company HR department. Knows how to setup and maintain internal HR. Responsible for ensuring success in hiring and retention of staff.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Persistence. Demonstrates the will to get things done, even when they’re hard.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
These are the competencies we see as crucial for everyone in our company:
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work diligently until the objective is completed.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be excellent. Has a low tolerance for badness.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and sees criticism or negative feedback as an opportunity to learn.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Able to deliver both positive and negative feedback effectively.
- Joy. Enjoying one’s life and work is a skill. Has learned to be excited and to have fun as we continue on this journey together.
What matters is the ability to demonstrate the aforementioned competencies.
This will likely require at least 5 years of work experience in a human resources role. Prior experience creating and leading important HR functions is very important.
No specific degree qualifications are necessary.
If you’re the right person to join us, we’ll fight to get you here and make sure you’re compensated well based on what you’re able to contribute.
If you think you’re the right fit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- your linkedIn profile
- a few sentences about why you’re interested in this role
- Any questions you have
Looking forward to meeting you.
The Swatt Exchange Team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com