Who we are
We’re building a crypto-asset exchange for institutional investors. We’re both a technology company and a financial services company. We’re a well-funded startup growing quickly.
Currently there’s 7 of us. We’re adding 20 more to the team over the next 8 months.
We need the help of an operations manager to aid us in this growth and make sure our operations continue to run smoothly. Additionally, we’re seeking someone who wants to grow with the company and is able to take on larger responsibilities as the company’s operational needs become more complex.
Miami, FL (Cambridge Innovation Center)
The Operations Manager’s Mission
To oversee operations and ensure the company is able to focus on the growth of the business.
If you’re able to do this successfully, you will be an integral part of a business that will grow from 0 to $10M in revenue and from 5 team members to 40 – all within the first year. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and advance your career along with the company.
The following outcomes are what will be used to grade performance for the role in the first 8 – 12 months.
- Implement 1 new continuous improvement process that supports business operations within 45 days. (And continue to do so as needed thereafter.) As an example: ensure that documents are managed and organized conveniently, both physically and digitally
- Oversee securing of 15 distinct web domains and social media handles relevant to the Swatt brand.
- Collaborate with Administrative Support, Accountants, and all relevant vendors to ensure operations run smoothly and to our standards.
- Ensure 100% of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are processed on time.
- Ensure payroll is run on time each month.
- Negotiate with various vendors, oversee contracts, work with legal and accounting as needed.
- Refer 3 candidates into the recruitment pool within year 1.
These are the top competencies we see as necessary for this role:
- Organization. Focuses on key priorities. Organizes, schedules, and budgets in a productive manner.
- Efficiency. Hates wasting resources. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Persistence. Demonstrates the will to get things done, even when they’re hard.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
These are the competencies we see as crucial for everyone in our company:
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work diligently until the objective is completed.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be excellent. Has a low tolerance for badness.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and sees criticism or negative feedback as an opportunity to learn.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Able to deliver both positive and negative feedback effectively.
- Joy. Enjoying one’s life and work is a skill. Has learned to be excited and to have fun as we continue on this journey together.
What matters is the ability to demonstrate the aforementioned competencies.
This will likely require at least 3-5 years of work experience in a role requiring operational savvy.
No specific degree qualifications are necessary.
If you’re the right person to join us, we’ll fight to get you here and make sure you’re compensated well based on what you’re able to contribute.
If you think you’re the right fit, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- your linkedIn profile
- a few sentences about why you’re interested in this role
- Any questions you have
Looking forward to meeting you or who you refer.
The Swatt Exchange Team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org