Idea Financial is a digital lending startup that provides Main Street businesses with the resources they need to be successful. Providing a variety of financial products and useful services, Idea Financial is a partner to small businesses throughout the country.
Small businesses need, now more than ever, increased financial agility and control to compete in today’s marketplace. At Idea Financial, we use our financing expertise, cutting edge technology, and commitment to superior customer service to develop and provide financial products that give businesses just that: control of their finances.
Our primary goal and motivation is to help our customers transform their business ideas into reality. As a result, we empower our customers to improve their cash flow, mitigate business risk, invest with a low cost of capital, and grow their business acumen. In other words, we help customers charge their business forward.
Role Overview: Product Manager
Idea Financial is hiring a Product Manager to join the Product Team. This role will report to the Head of Product and will be responsible for taking an idea, a solution, or a vision and making it a reality. Our ideal candidate has a passion for learning, solving problems, and building software.
- Own product requirements, specifications, and release plans and communicate them clearly to cross-functional teams, vendors and other stakeholders
- Breakdown product features into user stories that UX and engineering teams can easily consume
- Collaborate with UX to develop, test, and deliver assets to engineering
- Lead cross-functional scrum teams and vendors during feature development to ensure that product features adhere to specifications and requirements. Hold cross-functional teams accountable for successes and failures
- Collaborate with marketing to promote your product internally and externally, and to make sure that the right message is communicated to your users
- Define and measure the success of your product and the features that you develop
- Assist the product development team in executing the company and product vision, roadmap and backlog
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to sell the product vision and gather feedback to refine it
- Establish yourself as a product expert during customer interactions, events, social networking, corporate functions, and online through the Idea Financial community
- Bring the user to the center of product development
- Conduct user and market research to develop an in-depth understanding of our users. Use this information to identify user problems and unmet needs
- Generate ideas and solutions to address user problems and unmet needs. Build prototypes alongside development, marketing and sales teams
- 2+ years of experience in product management, preferably in software development
- Well versed in agile/scrum techniques
- Self-starter that can manage time well and is able to prioritize backlogs
- Comfortable speaking with internal and external executives
- Lead and coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas (engineering, sales, customer support, marketing, design, finance, IT and other stakeholders)
- Feel empathy for users and ability to recognize unmet market needs and business requirements in order to transform them into product requirementsProven success delivering working software and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical (STEM) background
What we offer
- A challenging and rewarding early-stage startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential
- A beautiful open concept office space located in the heart of downtown Miami – walking distance from public transit and a variety of local restaurants and cafes
- A fun, friendly, and talented team that is passionate about financial technology and helping small businesses succeed
- Generous benefits and perks including medical and dental insurance, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible vacation policy, casual dress, free gym membership, team lunches and culture events
Please send your resume and relevant portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Idea Financial is an equal opportunity employer. At Idea Financial, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Idea Financial conducts background checks on all employees and conducts credit checks for all positions in Operations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com