Idea Financial is a digital lending startup that provides Main Street businesses with the resources they need to be successful. Providing a variety of financial products and useful services, Idea Financial is a partner to small businesses throughout the country.
Small businesses need, now more than ever, increased financial agility and control to compete in today’s marketplace. At Idea Financial, we use our financing expertise, cutting edge technology, and commitment to superior customer service to develop and provide financial products that give businesses just that: control of their finances.
Our primary goal and motivation is to help our customers transform their business ideas into reality. As a result, we empower our customers to improve their cash flow, mitigate business risk, invest with a low cost of capital, and grow their business acumen. In other words, we help customers Charge Their Business Forward™.
Role Overview: UX Designer
Idea Financial is hiring a UX designer to join the Product Team. This role will report to the Head of Product and will be responsible for conducting user research and experimentation, creating visual designs, building prototypes, defining how software talks to users, and building web designs using HTML, CSS, and JS. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for solving problems who is ready to design beautiful, usable, and useful software.
- Develop high quality designs through proper UX techniques including user personas, information architecture, wireframes, visual designs and interactive prototypes
- Own product designs from end-to-end (research, wireframing, designs, testing, deployment)
- Prototype and validate new designs early in the development cycle
- Work closely with product management to develop design deliverables for new features
- Help guide product decisions through user testing, iterative feedback loops and a user-centric approach to product development
- Collaborate with cross-functional scrum teams during feature development to ensure that product implementations adhere to user experience design specifications
- Contribute towards the company’s UX strategy by establishing consistent UX standards and patterns across web, tablet, and mobile devices, which also adhere to accessibility standards
- Provide UX assessments of competitive & adjacent technology products as well as analyze emerging technologies and standards that will further contribute to the success of our products
- Provide regular status updates on assigned deliverables and escalate issues appropriately
- 3+ years of experience with user interface design and usability testing
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical (STEM), human computer interaction, or graphic design background
- Competency in core user interaction and usability principles (W3C standards, accessibility guidelines, mobile patterns, etc.)
- Demonstrated empathy towards users with exceptional design skills and attention to detail – Our ideal candidate can’t wait to showcase his/her design portfolio
- Ability to wireframe, prototype and create visual/interactive designs with tools such as Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe CS, InVision, and more
- Strong understanding of sprint planning, standup meetings, and other agile/scrum techniques
What we offer
- A challenging and rewarding early-stage startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential
- A beautiful open concept office space located in the heart of downtown Miami – walking distance from public transit and a variety of local restaurants and cafes
- A fun, friendly, and talented team that is passionate about financial technology and helping small businesses succeed
- Generous benefits and perks including medical, dental, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible vacation policy, casual dress, free gym membership, team lunches and activities
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Idea Financial is an equal opportunity employer. At Idea Financial, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Idea Financial conducts background checks on all employees and conducts credit checks for all positions in Operations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com