LaunchCode is a non-profit solving the tech talent gap and paving new pathways to economic opportunity through apprenticeships and job placement in technology. We’re seeking a hyper-motivated manager to lead NASA-safety-check-level-crucial elements of our Impact program and help us expand tech greatness in South Florida. Are you a person who’s always listening for connections? Got an earnest drive to open doors to opportunity for others and make an impact on their lives? Do people you meet on the bus or waiting in line often find themselves telling you their life story ‘ and before you know it, you’ve discovered that your friend’s aunt is exactly the person they need to meet to solve a problem? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Candidate Engagement Manager Role
The Candidate Engagement Manager serves on the frontline in the battle to discover, train and employ the next great programmers and is the lynchpin to the service LaunchCode offers. You will be LaunchCode’s first point of contact for the general public and for the people we serve. It will be up to you to help them understand the benefits of our training and job placement services. You’ll use your organizational skills & tech knowledge to manage the delivery of our FREE education programs, and apply your awesome closet-journalist interview skills to assess candidates’ technical knowledge and help them improve from tech skills to tech superpowers. This is a full time, permanent position based at the LaunchCode hub in Miami.
- Promote our coding courses, oversee training of a cohort of about 150 students, help candidates find other high-quality resources, and provide feedback about the effectiveness of our educational programs to the Education Team
- Review and evaluate coding applications to LaunchCode’s Apprentice program
- Rock those incredible interview skills mentioned earlier to assess candidates’ job readiness
- Give useful constructive feedback to candidates, connect them to resources, and mentor them in their professional development
- Be a library of information for individuals who have questions about applying to LaunchCode
- Work with the Company Relations Team to identify good matches between jobs and candidates
- Have a working knowledge of computer programming languages and technologies
- Possess shockingly good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Think working quietly without talking to other humans all day long sounds like utter torture
- Have a passion for opening doors to help people from all backgrounds succeed
- Are an effective team member in high-intensity environments and able to thrive under pressure
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Apply online at https://launchcode.aaimtrack.com/jobs/. No phone calls, please. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We highly recommend applying as early as possible for the best chance of moving forward.
We Heart Diversity
LaunchCode supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly encourage folks from immigrant communities and communities of color, as well as those who identify as women, LGBTQ or under-resourced to apply. LaunchCode is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Program and employment policies of LaunchCode are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit launchcode.aaimtrack.com.