Endeavor Miami has selected the first cohort for its new ScaleUp Program, a five-month program for early-stage South Florida companies with a market-tested business model seeking to scale their businesses faster. While the program is offered by many other Endeavor affiliates around the world, each program is tailored to the needs of their local communities. The program launches today.
“We are very much looking forward to supporting the growth of this amazing group of companies. The launch of this program is a big milestone for Endeavor Miami and we’re proud to have such a strong first cohort participating,” said Juan Pablo D’Alessandro, Entrepreneur Selection and Growth Manager at Endeavor Miami, in a blog post.
The companies selected to participate in the program are (descriptions provided by Endeavor):
- Caribshopper: an e-commerce marketplace that allows the Caribbean consumer to shop US retailers & Caribbean retailers all from one central app. They provide the complete online shopping experience giving access to the widest range of products & brands from retailers, the most local payment options—even cash, and deliver directly to their doorstep.
- Caribu: an education platform that helps parents, extended family, and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not together. Think FaceTime meets Kindle for kids. The result is an engaging livestream shared-screen experience – in a carefully designed, curated, and secure platform. An in-app library contains hundreds of books, in seven languages, from leading children’s publishers, and many educational workbooks.
- EZLabz: a South Florida Health Tech Startup focused on providing on-demand home health care services. They are changing the way the everyday consumer has their blood work completed by sending nurses to their home or office to draw blood and collect urine samples.
- Freedom Social Technology: is the ultimate tool for the political world. Founded by YPO/Harvard Ricardo De La Blanca in 2017, Freedom Social Technology’s mission is that of providing political parties, leaders and their followers with a tailored mobile-app and honest social media experience to create and manage political networks. Today, this platform is being used by more than 20 political parties worldwide.
- Globalshopex: provides an easy-to-integrate international checkout and logistics solution for SMB to sell to more than 200 countries. Globalshopex calculates taxes and duties, optimizes shipping rates among multiple carries and provides local payment options. Then, it enables US merchants to convert more international orders without the risk of fraud and without taking responsibility on the orders, logistics, returns and customer support.
- Innovation SM: a premier operator of Florida senior living communities whose leadership has over 125 combined years of experience nationwide. They have expertise in affordable and middle market properties. Innovation Senior Management offers a full suite of property management services for acquisitions and new construction properties.
- Playbycourt:an integrated POS and management platform for the tennis industry that allows professionals to handle all aspects of their operation under one single solution. Their cloud-based software and payments platform is specifically designed to address the unique requirements of the tennis industry. They help partners simplify their day to day operations, increase court usage, enhance transparency, and attract new clients.
- SECBERUS: creates cloud security technology to help organizations stay secure & compliant in the public cloud. The company provides Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) through its flagship product, CUMULUS CYBER-IQ. Security leads can now manage multi-cloud misconfiguration risk with real-time risk visibility, intelligent remediation plans, and custom security & compliance reporting.
The program is supported by Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builders Award given to Endeavor Miami to support its mission to select, mentor and accelerate South Florida’s high-impact entrepreneurs and also by EY. The ScaleUp Program is powered by Venture Hive’s Flitepath platform, with 24/7 education content tailored to industry verticals, mentorship and other in-network resources. Building.co is the ScaleUp Program’s official venue partner.
Follow @ndahlberg on Twitter and email her at email@example.com
Latest posts by Nancy Dahlberg (see all)
- 4 things to know in #MiamiTech: Female founders get counted, Claure to speak Monday and more - September 13, 2019
- Knight Foundation invests $925K to fund The Underline’s technology master plan - September 12, 2019
- Miami Beach-based Meditation.live lures $3 million SoftBank investment - September 11, 2019