- This event has passed.
Building a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
April 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to quickly build traction and validate an idea
- Learn a more efficient way of raising capital
- Learn the art of product/business storytelling
This highly interactive workshop teaches the basics of running a successful, reward-based crowdfunding campaign. The workshop will teach the importance of finding your niche and cultivating an audience before launching a campaign. Participants will learn the most important elements of a crowdfunding campaign: your video, graphics, project description, title, and rewards.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Articulate your product/service vision
- Create a compelling video
- Create a good Kickstarter/Indiegogo page
- Implement reward/pledge strategies
- Set a fundraising goal
- Set realistic goals for delivery
Dates & Times:
- April 27 | 9 a.m-1 p.m
- May 4 | 9 a.m-1 p.m
- May 11 | 9 a.m-1 p.m
Participants are expected to attend all sessions.
Purchase Tickets HERE
Meet the Instructor
Angelica Sweeting, UM Alumna is the Founder and Creator of The Angelica Doll, a line of 18-inch vinyl dolls with facial features true to women of color and hair you can style/wash as natural hair. To finance the venture, she launched a Kickstarter campaign in May 2015, aiming to raise $25,000. Angelica Sweeting successfully raised $84,743 and received national recognition and support.
*Miami Dade College degree-seeking students must be currently enrolled in a for-credit course and must provide a schedule to obtain the discounted price.