- This event has passed.
Building Modern Web Apps with ASP.NET Core and ES 2015
November 5, 2016 @ 9:00 am - November 6, 2016 @ 5:00 pm EDT
It’s such an exciting time to be an ASP.NET developer. With Microsoft finally releasing ASP.NET Core and the ES 2015 spec being ratified, so many more possibilities have been opened up for us. While there’s still quite a few familiar concepts, there are also new features that will improve the way we approach building web applications.
In this 2 day workshop, you will get up to speed with ASP.NET Core and ES 2015. You’ll get a solid foundation on the fundamentals, and learn how to accomplish some common tasks. We’ll highlight some of the major new features, explain their benefits and also show you how to apply them. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding .NET Core
- The Razor engine and TagHelpers
- Accessing data with Entity Framework Core
- Securing your site with ASP.NET Identity 3
- ES 2015 Tooling and Testing
- Front-End Architecture with Modules, MVVM and more
- Web Components and The Modern Browser
- Popular Data Access Libraries