- This event has passed.
Data Analytics With Tableau (Online)
April 2, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT$60
About This Workshop
Data analytics is in the midst of an evolution. In today’s digital world, the practice of decision makers relying on information to be delivered to them is no longer sufficient to keep pace. Tableau is software that puts access to data, and the insights it can unlock, directly in the hands of those who need it. The software is designed to help people see and understand data and offers a powerful yet intuitive and easy to use method of visually exploring & analyzing data for more effective decision making and strategizing.
This workshop provides an introduction to visual data discovery using Tableau software. It will explore how to use Tableau to connect to, interpret, and analyze data. You will explore sample data sets and then create a Tableau Dashboard showcasing the insights they have discovered.
- Understand the value of visual data discovery
- Understand Tableau’s software offerings
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use Tableau Public to connect to and analyze data
- Create and publish a Tableau Dashboard
- Workshop attendees will receive a full recording of the entire session for their reference.
- An awareness of data concepts is helpful.
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- Please download and setup Tableau Public prior to class.
- This course will occur completely online using Zoom and Slack.
- Course set up information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your course launches.