- This event has passed.
Dealing with the Bermuda Triangle of FMLA, ADA and Workers Comp
March 12, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$189
Topic : Dealing with the Bermuda Triangle of FMLA, ADA and Workers Comp
Discount Coupon : Use this Coupon (NEW2COMPLIANCE) and get (10% Off) On New Signup
Dealing with cases that involve the Family Medical Leave Act and the American’s with Disabilities Act Amendment Act and Workers Compensation is often called the Bermuda Triangle of Employment Law. We call it a Triple Whammy as these types of cases are very complicated to understand and deal with correctly. These three laws often conflict leaving Human Resources Professionals scratching their heads and wondering how to deal with the maze of regulations. Add state leave and disability laws to this mix and it often makes for a Quadruple Whammy.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Recognizing and analyzing the interaction of the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation Laws
- Understanding the purposes of the three laws and why they often conflict.
- Knowing the areas of interplay between the three laws that employers need to consider when managing employee absenteeism.
- Becoming able to describe and analyze a situation in which the three laws interact.
- Understanding the necessity to think through the situation before you act when dealing with employee absenteeism issues
Speaker Profile :
Bob McKenzie is Keynote Speaker at ComplianceKey and He has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on HR practices including training and development, Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Plan Development, development of compensation and incentive programs, performance management systems, recruitment, employee relations, union avoidance and labor contract negotiation. His working experience encompasses the manufacturing, banking, financial services, transportation, government, managed care, information technology and theme park industries.
Contact Info :
Email : email@example.com
Phone :+1 717-208-8666