- This event has passed.
Design Your Data: Tableau Bootcamp (Online)
April 11, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$150
About This Workshop
Tableau is an incredibly powerful tool for exploring and visualizing your data. This day long bootcamp will allow people with no experience in Tableau to re-create all of its major charts and turn them into a functional, interactive dashboard by the end of the day.
Once people understand the power of Tableau they can quickly perform vital business analysis that would take 3-5x times as long with other software tools. When you are finished you’ll have a fully functional capability to harness Tableau’s native powers to aggregate, visualize, filter and segment your data in a way that will breathe new life into your organization..
Schedule: Session I: The Basics
- Introduction to Tableau, and its different licenses and purchase options
- Loading different types of data into Tableau, and how to connect them
- Dimensions, Measures, and Tableau’s major data types
- The nuts and bolts of Tableau’s UI
- Basic chart building with Tableau: how it creates its layout and handles different data types
- How to use Marks to create visual diversity with your Tableau visuals
- How to re-create the 12 or so most commonly used charts in Tableau
- How to use filters to segment and explore patterns within your data
Session II: Advanced Analysis
- Dashboards: basic layouts and functionality
- Dashboards: building interactivity and dynamic behavior
- Dashboards: self-paced study session
- How to manage and organize your data within Tableau with groups, folders and hierarchies
- Table calculations: how they work, and how to use them to add additional insight into your data
- Calculated columns: their basic syntax
- Calculated columns: how to create conditional logic inside your charts
- Parameters: make your filters and custom variables interactive, so you can better explore ‘what-if’ scenarios within your data