- This event has passed.
DLM Training Workshop – Database Continuous Integration
June 17, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-5
Ready to do database continuous integration (CI) as part of Database Lifecycle Management? Come to this workshop and take the next step in Database Lifecycle Management with Redgate’s Certifed Partner, Esteban Garcia.
For full details of the workshop outline visit the Redgate training page.
You’ll learn how to:
- Link your source control repository to a build system
- Trigger database builds automatically when you make a change
- Use Redgate’s DLM tools to test your database changes
- Lay the foundations for package-based deployment of your database
Are you ready for this workshop?
To get the most out of this workshop, you should:
- Have your database in source control
- Be familiar with source controlling a database using SQL Source Control
- Be looking to get a CI process set up
If you’re not there yet, never fear – come and learn how to get started at one of Redgate’s Database Source Control workshops.
- Introduction to Database Lifecycle Management (DLM)
- Continuous integration (CI): an overview
- CI & Redgate DLM tools
- Automating builds
- The SQL CI plugin
- Introduction to SQL Test
- How to automate tests
- Tracking changes across environments with DLM Dashboard
It’s essential you bring a laptop with you – you’ll need it for the hands-on exercises. It should fit this spec:
- Windows 7 or later (recommended)
- Able to run a web browser and the Microsoft Remote Desktop client
- 1366×768 resolution (minimum)
Who should come?
Anyone who’s interested in doing CI with SQL Server.
Previous attendees have had job titles like Developer, Lead Developer, Development Team Leader, SQL Server DBA, Senior SQL Server DBA, Database Systems Manager, Systems Developer, and Database Architect.
Tools you’ll use in this workshop
- DLM Dashboard
- DLM Automation Suite
- SQL Source Control
- SQL Test