About This Workshop
Python is a versatile and widely-used programming language with many applications. This workshop explores Python’s place in the scientific ecosystem, and how the language, with several readily-available open-source libraries, can serve as a powerful tool for data analysis. Designed as a stand-alone introduction to the data science aspects of Python, this class is also a recommended refresher for participants planning to enroll in General Assembly’s upcoming Data Science course. The course is hands-on and exercise based, so participants will get plenty of practice.
- Ability to write and run Python scripts
- Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
- Understanding of Python’s role as a tool in the backend and analysis toolkits
- Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
- General technical savvy, and comfort with computers
- Some prior experience with use of computers for analysis or repetitive tasks – such as Excel
- Installation of Anaconda for Python 3.7, which is a free distribution of python that includes libraries of open source python tools (http://continuum.io/downloads).