- This event has passed.
IoT Info Session: Build a Flood Tracker
October 22, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDTFree
Join Code for Miami and Moonlighter for an info session on the Internet of Things (IoT) and what’s needed to build your own device. This is the first of a series of events focused on community-built devices to track shifting water levels in our local canals, waterways, street corners, and backyards!
In this session, you can expect to:
- Learn about instances of flooding and changing water levels throughout South Florida as a result of sea level rise and King Tide
- What’s needed to build your device
- The first steps to building a water tracker
- Start to form teams of 2-4 people to build your device (each device requires someone to be able to build it, program it, and test it out)
- Dinner will be provided
In the second part of this event on Saturday, October 27th from 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm, you’ll get:
- A quick tour of Moonlighter and the tools being used, and get set up at your workstation
- Begin building your water-level tracking devices
- Hands-on help from the Code for Miami and Moonlighter teams
- Food will be provided.
We ask that participants at Code for Miami events follow our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/Code-for-Miami/codeofconduct) to ensure that our group is a safe and welcoming space.