- This event has passed.
Miami Herald Business Plan Bootcamp
March 17, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm UTC-5
Learn the basics of writing a short business plan from a panel of leading entrepreneurs/investors. This free bootcamp, presented by The Miami Herald, will include tips, investor insights and question-and-answer time. This information will be helpful whether you are starting your first business plan, refining the plan you already have or getting ready to pitch to investors. You do not have to be entering the Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge to attend the bootcamp, but of course we hope you do!
Presenters – all Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge judges:
- Melissa Krinzman, founder of Venture Architects, which positions private companies for capital-raising success, and co-founder of Krillion Ventures, a new venture capital fund that provides Seed and Series A stage funding to tech-enabled companies in Miami, New York City and San Francisco.
- Richard Ginsburg, co-founder of G3 Capital Partners, an early-stage investment company in South Florida, a former CEO of two publicly traded security companies, and a mentor.
- John Hall, executive director of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at MiamiDadeCollege, a new program focused on helping companies scale, and former managing partner or president/CEO of 5 businesses.
- Rob Strandberg, president of Enterprise Development Corporation of South Florida (EDC), a public-private partnership that assists emerging science tech companies, and a former CEO or director for tech companies.
- Mike Tomas, CEO of Miami-based Bioheart, a mentor and active investor in early-stage technology and biotech companies, and chairman of FIU’s PinoGlobalEntrepreneurshipCenter.
Cost: Free (free parking is available in the MDC lot at 500 NE 2nd Avenue — entrances are on NE 5th and 6th Streets).
Register: Please visit https://extra.herald.com/events/ (Choose the Business Plan Challenge logo)