Onboarding New Hires: How to Get Them Quickly Up to Speed, Engaged and Productive
March 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Global Wizdom is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
You’ve made your decision about whom to hire. You’ve gotten them excited about their new job. You’re excited about what they can bring to your team. Now what? If you’re like most good organizations, you’re doing something more.
The Aberdeen Group reported that 70 percent of all organizations currently deploy some sort of onboarding program with leaders entering new roles. While this is a good thing, there is great variability in the focus, depth, and length of these programs. The most superficial tend to provide surface-level “meet and greets” and focus on initial paperwork and process knowledge. Others go deeper, focusing on helping leaders learn to navigate the organization’s culture and understand the informal organization and key players. What does yours do? And do you even have an onboarding program?
Why Should You Attend:
Is your hiring and onboarding process costing you unnecessarily? Did you know….
• Nearly 1/3 of people are job searching within six months of employment
• Almost 1/3 of externally hired executives miss expectations in the first two years
• With 10-15% annual attrition, companies lose about 60% of their entire talent base within four years.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Robust onboarding programs help your talent get up to speed faster and deter them from leaving for greener pastures. The following areas will be covered during the live session:
• Know the six mistakes to avoid in your new hire onboarding process
• Review best practices in executive onboarding accelerating executive success
• Understand three onboarding approaches to integrate the new hire into their job and organization
• Review an onboarding 90-day timeline with key tasks and tools to measure goals and milestones
• Identify the top derailers for the critical stakeholders: the manager, the new leader, human resources
• Learn from focus groups what new leaders consider the top onboarding issues and ways to ensure success
Speaker: Marcia Zidle
Years of Experience: 25+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Employee Engagement, and Change Management
Marcia Zidle is a board-certified executive coach, business management consultant, and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.