- This event has passed.
Prepare for a New Career in Weeks! The steps to launching a NEW IT Career.
July 29, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
About this event
Are you unhappy with your current career track? Do you want to Learn What Earns?
Do you want to start a career in an industry that offers a high earning potential without requiring a 4-year college degree, or are you looking to advance your current IT career?
A career in IT and Cybersecurity may be just the right career for you. With little or no prior experience, you can earn key certifications and transition into a career in Tech in weeks not years!
Demand for technology jobs is growing in South Florida, where the technology industry contributes $22.3 billion to the local economy. In this FREE information session, we’ll explain how with little or no experience you can train and prepare for a fast-paced, exciting, recession-resistant, and ever-growing career in IT.
Thursday, July 29th, 6:30 PM EDT
For this event, hear from Military Sealift Command Recruiter, Gary Loy, who will give an overview of the exciting and ever-evolving world of Cybersecurity, current trends in IT & Network Security, hiring expectations, career opportunities, and the increasing need for Certified professionals and how you can get involved sooner than you think!
Register For Your Virtual Seat Now!
- Why are Careers in IT and Cybersecurity growing and in high demand
- What does a day in the life of an IT professional look like
- Hear directly from a South Florida Recruiter about current demand and opportunities in Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Learn about specific in-demand careers in Information Technology (IT) & Cybersecurity that have a great future for growth
- Understand the credentials employers are looking for
- Learn how to get certified for these careers in less than 5 months
- Explore a variety of funding options including special scholarships for those looking to make a career change
Your presenter is:
Gary Loy – Recruiter, Military Sealift Command
Gary Loy is a current contract Recruiter for the Military Sealift Command. Having enlisted in the United States Navy in 1979, he served for 30 years, reaching the position of Command Master Chief. Separating from the Navy in 2010, he worked for the Georgia Department of Labor as a Veteran’s Placement Specialist for 2 ½ years, assisting military veterans with their transition into the private sector workforce. In 2012, He transitioned over to the Military Sealift Command’s (MSC), Marine Employment Division as a contract field Recruiter. As a Recruiter, he has traveled extensively throughout the U.S. conducting in-person and virtual presentations as well as participating in various job fairs and employment briefings. One of his areas of concentration is in the Computer Information and Telecommunications sector to identify candidates with Information Systems backgrounds to fill open positions within MSC’s Communications Department as IT specialist and Radio Electronics Technicians.