- This event has passed.
Resume and LinkedIn Fundamentals: Telling your Professional Story (Online)
April 4, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT$45
About This Class
The average time recruiters spend reviewing your resume is 6 seconds. Yes, 6 seconds. And LinkedIn? 94% (maybe more) of recruiters vet candidates using LinkedIn. So, what does this mean for you?
You need your Resume and your LinkedIn Profile to be strategically crafted when you’re job hunting or even just networking. Maybe you’re trying to make a transition, explore new opportunities, or just want materials that show who you are and what you’re best at. One thing is for sure. You need a compelling and clear story.
We know how confusing this process can be. Having written hundreds of resumes and LinkedIn profiles for professionals in all industries and levels, Joy has developed an efficient and effective method that simplifies and optimizes your workflow while capturing the most significant details for recruiters.
This workshop is designed to teach you the best practices for writing an effective resume and an optimized LinkedIn profile for networking or job hunting. Joy will share her uniquely designed (and tested!) step-by-step process to analyze job descriptions, strategically prepare your top selling points, and update your Resume and LinkedIn so it saves you time and lands you interviews.
- Step-by-step process on how to analyze job descriptions and prepare your top selling points
- Detailed Resume breakdown and explanation of each section
- Strategies to extract and highlight your key achievements, skills, and strengths
- Advice on how to tailor your materials for different applications
- Detailed LinkedIn profile breakdown and explanation of each section
- Tips on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for recruiter searches
- Simple templates to get you started
- In-Class Workshop for independent work and questions
- 1-3 job description examples you’re interested in
- Your current resume and LinkedIn profile
- Laptop and/or Notebook/pen for taking notes
Important!: Our instructor will send you a digital workbook to download for your class.