Who: Anyone interested in learning how to use Unity’s rich, interactive content to create games or other projects. Although this workshop is geared toward beginners it is not suitable for kids or students younger than the age of 15.
What: Learn to create a 3D game from start to finish using Unity 5 in this full day hands-on workshop
What to bring:
- Laptop & power cord; Mac users must be running on OS 10.8 or higher in order to use Unity 5. No monitors+computers allowed, only laptops are allowed.
- Mouse — unless you are extremely proficient using a track pad in the Unity editor you will need a mouse.
- Your printed or mobile ticket for entry
Transportaton Information: On-site parking for $29. The Omni Bus Station is 0.5 miles S. and the Omni Subway Station – Omni People Move Station is 0.3 miles S.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- CREATE a stunning animated day and night cycles with our new skybox structure.
- APPLY global illumination to create day and night effects with the new Enlighten features.
- USE the multiplatform First Person from the new Standard Assets to speed up the development cycle for multi-platform games.
- SETUP background audio and audio effects with the new Audio Mixer to trigger FPS sounds and duck audio.
- ARRANGE animation and scripts to control the firing of the gun with the new Mecanim features.
- PRODUCE a drone that follows the FPS with use of the improve NavMesh.
- INTEGRATE Everyplay to grow your community.
- SET UP non-intrusive advertsing in your game to drive revenue.
- RECOGNIZE the performance improvement of updated Physics, Instantiate API and Metal support.
- Global Illumination
- Emissive materials
- Reflection Probes
- Audio Mixer
- Audio Snapshots
- Audio Ducking
- State Behavior scripts
- Enter and Exit State
- Cloud Build
- Unity Ads