By Nancy Dahlberg
Matias Rivera, co-founder and CEO of soccer streaming startup Fanatiz, saw an opportunity to provide the global sports industry with a one-stop-shop for monetization, digital interactions and enjoyment of live and on-demand sports content. This week, he and his team launched Fz Sports for just that.
Based in Miami, Fz Sports will serve more than 100 markets. Its team includes 85 professionals in the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Rivera, who will be CEO of the new company, co-founded Fz Sports alongside David Belmar and Raul Rivera, executives in the global media, technology, and sports business management industry.
Fz Sports platform will initially include:
- Fanatiz, one ofthe world’s fastest-growing sports content streaming platforms, bringing soccer live and on demand to any device;
- 1190 Sports, a company dedicated to the management and marketing of sports rights —transmission, image, and distribution;
- Nunchee, a company the provides technology and know-how for the creation and operation of streaming services, direct to consumers, with a focus on sports content.
Fz Sports aims to complement traditional content distribution with its own direct-to-consumer OTT platform and/or integration with Fanatiz, while maximizing revenue. It will seek long-term partnerships with leagues, federations, clubs and associations.
Fz Sports’ consolidated portfolio allows millions of fans worldwide to enjoy more than 30 competitions including La Liga, Copa Conmebol Libertadores, Liga Profesional de Fútbol Argentina, Series A & B of Brasileirao, the leagues of Colombia, Peru, and Ecuador, and Ligue 1 of France, among others. The company has developed more than 100 OTT streaming projects and has formed distribution partnerships in over 100 territories.
“In a market such as the sports world, where both brands and rightsholders face limited alternatives of establishing a closer and more effective connection with consumers, Fz Sports stands out for its ability to link and add value to all members of the sports distribution ecosystem: investors, rights holders, brands, leagues, federations, and fans,” said Rivera, in a statement. “We are very happy to be able to offer a comprehensive, robust, and differentiating alternative to the international market."
Follow @ndahlberg on Twitter and email her at email@example.com
- Material Bank, a platform for sourcing architectural materials, raises $100M - May 7, 2021
- 5 things to know in #MiamiTech: FIGS IPO in works, Ironhack-Uber bootcamp scholarships, Thoma Bravo, Gridics and MDC - May 7, 2021
- Thank a local for this week’s Career Growth Summit. There’s still time to sign up - May 2, 2021