The brightest minds have always taken time taught what they know.
At 4Geeks we want to have the best minds mentoring to our students. That is why we are committed to supporting our teachers in their professional life, promoting their personal branding and projects in any space that the academy has available.
The Lead Instructor is responsible for leading the classes within the classroom.
- Set the rhythm of the class, put the pressure and deadlines on the students and make sure your cohort is on schedule.
- Prepare your classes and make sure the projects, instructions, and exercises are properly explained and followed by the students.
- Identifying areas of improvement on the syllabus, tutorials, exercises or projects.
- Make sure students are not stuck for a long period of time (minutes instead of hours or days).
- Leading the teacher assistants in helping you with answering questions and reviewing the exercises.
- You must be a senior developer with years of experience.
- Advanced understanding of HTML and CSS: CSS Selectors, Pseudo-selectors and Specificity, Display, Position, Flex, Bootstrap, etc.
- Experience with React.js: The majority of the front-end coding is based on Rect.js, you need to understand Flux, Context API, Component Lifecycle, etc.
- API consumption: Use of fetch, consuming REST API’s, async/await, Promises, JSON, serialization, etc.
- Python and Django knowledge: Develop API’s with django-rest or Flask framework.
Teaching experience required:
- At least 1 year of coding teaching experience required.
Perks about the Job
- Great pay.
- Very flexible hours, you can and should keep your current job.
- Join a fast-growing company based in the U.S. with lots of opportunities to grow within the company.
- Great company culture and similar values.
- Our teachers are one of the faces of the academy, become an evangelist and we will promote your profile and make you a rockstar.
- Nothing is more fun than teaching! You are changing lives!
- If you would like to be a freelance developer, you can join any of the current projects the academy teachers are developing, together they work as a collective dev-shop that is constantly involved in great fun projects.
To apply for this job please visit www.4geeksacademy.co.
Comments are closed for this post.