About the Role
Boatsetter is seeking an exceptional Senior Brand Manager who is experienced in brand building and brand management, public relations, social media management, market research, copywriting, and content production to join our growing team. Reporting directly to Boatsetter’s President and CEO and partnering closely with our Product Team, this individual will be responsible for product positioning, brand messaging, planning, and thought leadership to increase brand awareness and drive 2x revenue and customer growth.
As this is the first-of-its-kind role within Boatsetter, you will also help craft this role. The ideal candidate will be a metrics-driven, multi-tasker with strong ownership and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. You will work closely with product and cross-functional teams to build effective, highly-targeted campaigns to drive customer awareness, affinity, and advocacy.
- Communicate our Brand Value Propositions (BVPs) and proof points to our target audience, and continue to refine those values based on the voice of our customers – know who they are, where they are, and what they value.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ pain points and what options they are considering to solve their needs. You will develop and optimize our product’s brand positioning and messaging in a way that resonates with customers and differentiates our products in the market.
- Identify areas of opportunity to maximize acquisition, engagement, and retention among members.
- Evaluate and optimize customer journey to show marked improvement in acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Copywriting, content creation and distribution (press/news releases, award applications, marketing briefs, website content, etc.), brand management, social media management, blogging, event facilitation, email copy, content marketing, coordinating community involvement, and partnership development.
- Lead the deployment of campaigns consistent with our Brand voice across marketing channels (Email, SMS, website, landing pages, PR, blogs, ad copies, etc.). Monitor and report on key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience – 5+ years of progressive product marketing and branding experience, including demonstrated success positioning & promoting product offerings within a two-sided marketplace.
- Working Leader – Diligently focused on driving the team and work toward positive outcomes. Has a natural ability to influence and lead others, whether they be team members, peers, subordinates, or executives.
- Storyteller – Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to create compelling content that speaks to customer pain points
- Consumer-centric – Always focuses on the customer’s perspective to influence new product features and to develop messaging that will resonate with our target audience.
- Technical knowledge – Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesfore.com, Iterable, Optimizely, Periscope, or other common data visualization or BI tools and Social Media Marketing and Customer Engagement tools.
- Analytical – Understands the importance of using customer data and insight to make an informed decision and is comfortable sifting through data from various sources to create a hypothesis in terms of customer behavior and lifecycle and test those hypotheses through A/B testing.
- Inquisitive – Asks questions and seeks to understand to evaluate the best path forward.
- Iterative – Understands the need for an explicit and informed iteration cycle to keep messaging relevant and evolving the brand voice based on data and insights.
- Results-oriented – Has a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans.
- Organized – The ability to tackle multiple projects at once and synthesizing each project goal and objective and laying out a strategic plan to tackle each one and monitor progress
- Strong Communicator – Both speaking & writing abilities will be tapped into this role to tell the story of our products and brand across various marketing & media channels
- Collaborative – Ability to work effectively alongside several groups across the organization, and take on task ownership, to take a project across the finish line
- Track record of Success – Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations and drive customer conversion and retention
- Entrepreneur mindset – Experience working in a startup environment, where you proactively and resourcefully create solutions to address complex problems and contribute across teams
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Comments are closed for this post.