CIC Miami is looking for a highly capable, self-directed individual to manage a team that will be responsible for day-to-day operations. This will be a great opportunity for someone with at least four years of hands-on, managerial experience who enjoys working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
CIC Miami officially opened its doors in the fall of 2017 and is located right in the middle of the health district, which is adjacent to both the Wynwood neighborhood, home to two of the largest art and fashion districts in Miami, and the financial district.
“We, as staffers, have so much opportunity and freedom to create our own path and design our own programs. It’s so brand new that almost anything goes. This is the space where your friends are going to come visit you, take photos, and send them to their bosses asking them to make their office look like this.” – Brooke Walis, Relationship Management Team Lead CIC Miami
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence (2019), Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to–and improving–the way we work. We invite you to explore all our openings and learn more about our teams here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We like to employ service-minded people who are independent, clever problem-solvers. If you fit this profile, and have also developed the leadership and managerial skills important to a team-based environment, this might be the perfect opportunity. This will be a job for a balanced, self-confident, down-to-earth individual. We are a team-based company, and your performance will be evaluated by your team members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be willing, able, and happy to start from scratch. You will be one of the first teammates, building something entirely new in Miami.
- Have experience in managing an operations team in a fast-paced environment
- Remain personable, happy-to-help, and calm in any environment
- Be equally comfortable with power drills, ethernet hubs, and Oxford commas
- Be able to juggle many tasks and pay close attention to detail
- Lead by example; be willing to get his/her hands dirty, build a desk, fix a copier, etc
- Proactively seek out and master new skills
- Explore and balance multiple perspectives on a situation or solutions to a problem
- Communicate creatively and effectively to clients and staff, both in person and in writing
- Possess a natural interest for helping others and solving problems
- Treat everyone as an equal, from cleaning crews to CEOs
- Be available to complete a paid training period at an established CIC in Cambridge, Boston, or St. Louis for at least one month
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Master service-oriented tasks such as client moves, office setup, and IT troubleshooting; train team members on completing client requests and delegate appropriately
- Research and implement new services, vendors, and community improvements
- Be aware of and responsible for the team’s workload, resources, morale, and training needs; advocate for the team’s needs with upper management
- Maintain a constructive landlord-tenant relationship with building management
- Monitor inventory levels (food, furniture, etc) with an eye to ordering/delivery timetables
- Handle administrative tasks such as time sheets, reviews, etc
- Support the professional development of all team members
- Coordinate budgets for daily operations as well as capital projects
- Handle difficult client requests or encounters to maintain overall service quality and client satisfaction
- Collaborate with other teams to complete projects and share knowledge
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Several years of managing team members in a fast-paced environment, as well as 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Evidenced growth and increase in responsibility and success in previous roles.
- An interest in a long-term role – we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
- Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
- Discounted services and memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech and design support, hotel stays, and other fantastic options.
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company. Building out new initiatives specific to Miami (e.g. wellness, arts, coding school, etc.).
- Access to Venture Cafe Miami, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community.
- Great benefits! See more below.
Compensation is commensurate with experience (please include salary expectations when you apply). Benefits include 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) and three weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Comments are closed for this post.