CLASSIC.COM is the search engine and analytics platform for the classic car market. We empower classic car buyers, sellers, and enthusiasts with insights for the classic car industry – including market values, price comparisons, auction alerts and more. Our team is made up of car enthusiasts and data geeks – and we are looking for a new like-minded co-worker.
We are looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to maintain and improve our existing core platform, maintain our existing Django API and implement new features across both (and more!).
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of direct experience designing and implementing APIs using Django. Candidates must be comfortable in a small-team, hands-on environment. We are seeking quick thinkers, who are also excellent at communicating the vital details of their work. This opportunity can be 100% remote (working across US time zones) or on-site at our Miami, Florida, headquarters.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Strong experience with Python
- Strong experience designing and implementing APIs using Django
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL platforms, preferably Postgres and MongoDB
- Strong commitment to readable code
- Strong git and Github skills
- Strong team-oriented attitude
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Personal open source contributions
- A love for cars, especially classics (or at least an appreciation)
A typical day at CLASSIC.COM may include (Duties):
- Debug, maintain, and improve our existing Django API
- Design and implement new features for our existing core platform
- Recommend improvements
- Identify and share new ideas for the platform
- Collaboration with the team at large
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings
As a member of the CLASSIC.COM team, you are not expected to know everything, but should be willing to fail, learn fast, be honest, and most importantly have fun while doing it. After all, we get to think about classic cars all day – what could be more fun than that?
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Back-End Software Engineer Application”. In your email, please tell us what aspect of the role interests you the most, and why. No dev shops please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed for this post.