Head of Revenue and Advertising Operations
The Head of Revenue and Advertising Officer will be responsible for creating, developing, and executing the revenue and advertising strategy for a new search and information evaluation company. In addition, you will create and lead the ad operations in driving monetization forward for our digital property and mobile applications. This role will support the various sales, content partnerships, and distribution teams in ensuring the success of their respective goals. This role will also weigh in on ongoing ad strategy and ad product roadmap.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to drive monetization for our search and information evaluation product that will reach millions of consumers, with the goal-setting up our advertising structure and maximizing every available advertising opportunity. This leader will deliver a world-class solution that provides a reliable and seamless platform with the ability to extract maximum value through programmatic partnerships, data enablement, interactive ads, and measurement vendors. Experience in and passion for digital media, advertising, search, sales, and innovation.
From your first day, you will make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We are a fast-growing company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of consumers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make timely decisions that consider feasibility and compatibility of proposed new systems and vendors
- Drive a daily, weekly, monthly, etc. cadence of revenue performance across the organization that leverages industry expertise and anticipates market and historical performance
- Align with engineering, product, and sales team to drive monetization
- Facilitate compilation, documentation, and acceptance of business requirements from Ad Sales, Ad
- Products, Inventory and Pricing, Business Development, App Stores, Linear Distribution, Product and Engineering
- Identify and communicate points of conflict in requirements to appropriate parties and provide solutions focused on revenue impact. Propose and model alternatives for resolution with maximum revenue impact as the top priority
- Rapidly assess opportunities and build metrics-driven business cases for (or against) new business lines, products, and partnerships, driving close collaboration with a broad group of stakeholders
- Support the development and execution of M&A activities related to advertising sales
- Distill complex media, advertising and technology concepts into clear and simple executive communications
- Manage and prepare regular executive communications and updates leadership, teams
- Lead business planning initiatives or ad products, contributing to the development of the overall annual strategic and financial plans
- Analyze the competitive landscape and apply key insights into the digital and search advertising business
- Drive monetization of new offerings via setting of commercialization strategy, operationalizing processes for new initiatives and measuring outcomes
Education, Experience, Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years advertising industry experience, technical focused preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience with proven revenue success in the advertising technology space with a premium placed on Search, digital news & entertainment, streaming, Mobile, and any other digital environments.
- Experience with advertising vendors, agencies, demand partners, ad-serving technologies, and applications
- Experience building a team and/or implementing revenue and advertising strategies for new products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to take a hands-on approach by testing, learning and implementing strategies to generate revenue upside at start-up speed
- Expert knowledge of ad serving systems and technology, client-side, DSP/SSP, 1st party data, header bidding, cookies, and user registration with the ability to deliver immediate operational efficiencies.
- Working experience across diverse codebases with the ability to solve problems and efficiently assign proper resources to fix critical issues quickly.
- Ability to lead the full life cycle implementation of a DMP that provides critical 1st party data as currency across all demand sources.
- Experience working in the agile development process.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize high-value opportunities.
- Experience working with search, display, and video-centric ad servers
About the Company:
Our company search and information evaluation company is dedicated to addressing the problems of disinformation and political partiality. At our company, we put the power of reliable media consumption in the hands of the people. Our search engine and evaluation platform use machine objectivity to score any type of search result so that people know the reliability and political slant of information before they click. Instead of relying on human analysis, we use scientific rigor and multiple machine learning algorithms to reduce misinformation and manipulation.
Our environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an ever-changing environment. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. The right mix of organizational and communication skills will be the key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential. We are looking for people ready to lead by example, be selfless in your leadership across teams, collaborate with your peers, and partner with colleagues and external partners.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed for this post.