OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a Controller to build and lead our Accounting team. As a part of the Finance team, you’ll be a steward of our financial health and ensure our ability to track and hit company targets. You’ll have a seat at the table for mission-critical decisions and drive company strategy. You’ll distill complexity into digestible takeaways and communicate our value proposition, both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll build our accounting team to your specifications: Oversee all accounting functions, including the monthly close process, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting and tax planning & compliance.
- You’ll oversee important relationships: Choose external auditors and manage the first external audit.
- You’ll ensure compliance: Own and manage all entities’ compliance and filings, including tax filings, local filings for various states.
- You’ll architect our accounting infrastructure: Integrate acquired assets into OpenStore’s ERP and provide company level reporting.
- You’ll grow and lead: Drive efficiency and automation while providing leadership and vision for scale.
- You’ll contribute to many areas: Collaborate cross-functionally throughout the company including with our Capital Markets, Engineering and Business Operations teams to enable progress while maintaining accuracy.
- You’ll keep OpenStore current: Monitor, evaluate impact, and implement new accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- CPA or CA license required.
- 7+ years of related experience required.
- High growth tech or e-commerce company experience required.
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 or nationally recognized accounting firm preferred.
- Prior experience with Netsuite or implementing a company-wide ERP tool.
- Prior experience with M&A integration.
- Experience building and managing teams.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.