OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We’re looking for a digital / performance marketer who’s passionate about driving profitable growth, building and executing marketing plans, and working with teammates to execute.
As a part of the business operations team which is reimagining how we operate ecommerce brands at scale, you will be a critical part of our company’s growth. You will be responsible for developing and executing multiple brands’ marketing plans to achieve growth and profitability targets. Your work will directly impact the health of our portfolio of e-commerce brands. We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences. We believe joining OpenStore will be a career-defining choice for employees.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. You love seeing the power of great analyses and collaborating with peers to shatter growth targets. Your second language is performance KPIs and you know your numbers and the inputs needed to continue improving those KPI metrics.
- You are an experienced marketer. You’ve done it before and have an eagerness to dig into the data to uncover business-driving insights, take swift action, and reap the returns of your work. You’re able to diagnose a brand’s growth opportunities, prioritize the biggest impact, and execute. You’re able to break goals into solvable component parts and effectively execute. You build great plans to exceed goals.
- You take a test & learn approach. Your bias is to use agile methodologies and lean into test & learns to unlock new wins. You generate new ideas through inspiration from your analyses and blue-sky creative ideas. You methodically setup tests, track impact, and take action to amplify what works.
- You are collaborative, organized, and thoughtful. You actively solicit teammate’s feedback and can get things done through informal influence. You’re organized and demonstrate judicious decision-making.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team to continuously evolve and improve how we do things.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll develop a portfolio of brands’ marketing plans. Working backwards from growth goals, you’ll build marketing campaigns and plans to achieve the goals including promotional and activations calendars.
- You’ll build the growth models and own performance outcomes. You’ll develop the spend allocations, budgeting, and KPI forecasting/goal-setting. You’ll measure and report on performance, staying accountable to the results.
- You’ll own the online experience. You’ll be responsible for the Shopify customer experience including merchandising to ensure we take a full-funnel approach to marketing efforts. You’ll run A/B tests, improve customer experience, and optimize conversion rates.
- You’ll shape the marketing strategy. You’ll evolve the marketing strategy by incorporating learnings and improvements into planning efforts. You’ll refine, test, and iterate with the goal of continuous improvement and breaking through new frontiers of performance wins. You’ll take calculated risks, be creative, and use analytical rigor to achieve goals.
- You’ll effectively manage others. You’ll manage contractors and agencies to execute marketing plans across retention marketing, paid marketing, channel strategy, brand marketing / positioning, owned social channels, SEO, and growth initiatives.
- You’ll collaborate with others. Through informal influence and strong relationship building, you’ll effectively collaborate with the ecommerce / P&L team on product extensions, product packaging and pricing/promotional strategy. Similarly, you’ll work with the customer support team and logistics / supply chain team to support executional excellence.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of performance or digital marketing experience including 2+ years of D2C ecommerce experience.
- 1-2 years managing others including contractors and/or agencies.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills.
- Experience at a high growth D2C ecommerce company is a plus.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.