You Choose the Price of the Things You Love
Senior Software Developer
Reports to: CTO
Business unit: Technology and Product
Direct reports: 2
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, paid leave, stock options
Tired of working for ‘just another startup’? Want to make your mark on the technology world by delivering a groundbreaking, unique, new ad-tech experience that our users will rave about? I know, this sounds ridiculous…advertising that users will rave about? I promise you, we’re not crazy… well, not officially;)
Let me put this into perspective:
Brand marketers are having issues…It’s no secret that audiences are increasingly uninterested and disengaging from brands that turn up uninvited, as a result, traditional methods of advertising are losing their relevance, desirability, and impact. At DROPIT we think we’ve ‘cracked the code’ and created a better way to connect consumers with brands.
As our shiny new Senior Software Developer, you will provide world-class breakthrough technical leadership to your team of loyal fellow technologists and the business as a whole. You will have the pleasure of working with the management team to determine the technology required to support the business initiatives. We’re all about the customer, so any technology decisions MUST put them first…we love innovation, but don’t like to build cool stuff just to build cool stuff. You will need to speak fluent 1’s and 0’s to the dev team and be able to explain things in terms a 4-year-old will understand for the business team. When it comes to technology trends and other factors that could potentially impact the performance of DROPIT you will need to be thinking 10 steps ahead to make sure we’re well ahead of the curve. You also need a great business head on your shoulders and be able to prioritize dev tasks to maximize the current market opportunities. Experience in public speaking could be useful too…we want you up on a stage, under the spotlight, basking in the glory of your creation, being the envy of your peers who are working for ‘just another startup’.
Responsibilities…the serious stuff.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Prioritize dev tasks using Agile Methodology
- Run daily stand-ups
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Languages: NodeJs (40%), PHP (55%), Python (5%)
Plus: ReactJs, GraphQL
NodeJs should become the predominant language moving forward
Storage: MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Firebase
Plus: BigData, NoSQL, Splunk
External: MixPanel, Payment Gateway, AppsFlyer, API integration
Architecture: Microservices, Containers, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends
- Practical and functional understanding of how to best utilize different technologies in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
- Knowledge connecting and integrating with multiple API as well as developing and maintaining API, utilizing API best-practices.
- Comfortable navigating Cloud Infrastructure (AWS) and virtual resources
- Knowledge of how memory caching technology (Redis) works – uses and application
- Knowledge of web socket technology
- Experience working with data-driven and high-scalability environments
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proven track record in managing a team of developers
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- If you think this is for you then please apply now. We look forward to having a chat about turning the advertising and e-commerce upside down.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.