Exscientia is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of AI-driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
We have recently opened a new office in Miami and are now looking to recruit a highly-motivated individual for a multi-faceted Office Manager / Executive Assistant position. In this hybrid role, you will significantly contribute to our unique workplace culture and ensure that team members have the best possible work experience. You will manage all office operations and be instrumental in supporting our ambitious growth plans. You will also assist the site head in managing the office and other administrative tasks. As an added bonus, you will also have the opportunity to network outside our office and help promote Exscientia within the local tech ecosystem. Supported by your colleagues at our headquarters, you will do the following on a day-to-day basis:
Make our office in Miami thrive!
- Ensure that the office runs smoothly by maintaining our inventory of office supplies, incoming/outgoing mail and other relevant processes.
- Work with vendors to maintain our kitchen supplies and a healthy mix of snacks and beverages.
- Help to give new team members a great onboarding experience and best possible start into their Exscientia careers.
- Organize team building events to constantly foster a good working culture and environment.
- Use your intimate knowledge of South Florida and be a local guide for existing and future team members who are from out-of-state or even overseas.
- Use your creativity and design skills to create an Exscientia office that reflects our mission and unique culture in Miami! You will help to turn our office into a true living space with stylish furniture and eclectic artwork.
- Promote the general well-being of all our team members using your people skills.
Coordinate and collaborate on these tasks with your colleagues at the other Exscientia offices.
- Schedule meetings, events and manage complex calendars for the VP of AI Technology, liaising with the EA team in our other offices.
- Create travel itineraries and book flights, transfers and lodging for all members of the Miami team.
- Manage purchase orders and invoices for the wider Miami team, in line with appropriate finance processes.
- Support the planning and execution of other administrative tasks and projects.
- Manage the email communications required to perform these tasks, with a high level of discretion and confidentiality. This includes writing and responding to emails on behalf of the VP of AI Technology.
Build relationships with the local community
- Stay up-to-date on relevant events or meetups in the Miami area and identify those of interest to the team.
- Identify opportunities to engage with the local tech community and take the initiative into establishing them.
- Work with local government agencies and other organizations to identify opportunities for community engagement and PR.
- Help to promote Exscientia in the local community and tech ecosystem.
What will you bring to the role?
- You love working with people!
- A completed bachelor’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Proven prior experience from working in office administration, community management in a co-working space, hospitality, event management or a similar client-facing role is highly recommended.
- The necessary IT skills to carry out all your responsibilities effectively – for example to create documents or presentations, set up video conferencing, manage your tasks.
- You are great at multitasking, can prioritize effectively and stay on top of things in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
- You can wear multiple hats and would welcome the opportunity to work with other company departments to support our team in Miami.
- An affinity for technology and a strong desire to work in the tech industry, particularly in a startup-like environment.
- You are already a Miami aficionado or are keen on becoming one – you will be intimately familiar with neighborhoods, know where the best schools are and be the go-to for finding interesting places off the beaten path.
What can you expect from us?
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company that develops revolutionary technology to change people’s lives for the better.
- An inclusive culture that is built on trust, teamwork and collaboration.
- Support for your professional development and opportunities to grow your career within the organization.
- Highly competitive compensation and all the IT equipment you will need.
- Comprehensive health insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision) and 401(k) plan.
- Work from a new office in the heart of Miami – one of the most exciting places in the United States.
- We are just a block away from the waterfront, within walking distance of the Wynwood Art District and across the bridge from South Beach.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Comments are closed for this post.