The world's largest stadium
Fanatiz is seeking a CTO to lead its engineering team, product strategy and tech operations. The individual will join the company’s senior leadership team as the owner of all product and technology related matters, involving a cross-functional role that will actively interact with marketing, content, sales and other areas of the company. It will require both business acumen as well as strong technical and operational skills, offering a unique 360-degree perspective and exposure to a broad range of topics within the company and service, as well as the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with exciting technical challenges and constant opportunities for growth. Our engineering team is currently composed by a top-notch team of 30 developers and engineers, and we anticipate growing this team to 100+ over the coming 18-month period.
The CTO will report to the CEO of Fanatiz and the duties & responsibilities will include:
· Ownership of all product and technology related matters
· Managing technology and product roadmap
· Working closely with both internal developers as well as external tech providers
· Overseeing tech operations, including live event programming, encoding and signal management
· Interviewing and developing insights into clients and their interactions and experiences with our services
· Developing and effectively leading a world class product and operations team
· Planning and managing the execution of Fanatiz’ product and operations budget
· Managing & scaling Fanatiz’ engineering team, attracting and retaining world-class talent
· 10+ years of senior engineering experience in world-class technology companies
· Experience in OTT / digital media industry
· Strong technical background, including familiarity with front, backend, database and mobile/smart TV frameworks and development tools
· Proven track-record of leadership and creativity in achieving results
· Analytical and data-driven mindset
· Must be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
· Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
· Big-picture product vision + organization and execution
· Driven, can-do attitude: make things happen!
· Fluency in Spanish
· Strong leadership & people management skills, with experience managing and scaling large engineering organizations and ability to recruit and retain star talent
· Experience working in or with Latin American teams
· Strong expertise in machine learning, AI and automation technologies
· Familiarity with broadcast media, encoding & signal transmission operations
· An interest and understanding of sports, in particular soccer
· Experience working in B2C digital subscription-based business, B2B SaaS and/or sports media & entertainment industry
· Experience with database management: Mongo, Redis, Elasticache, Elasticsearch
· Experience with mobiles and STB/SmartTV programming: iOS / Swift, Android, TVOS, Kotlin, Roku Brightscript, HTML5 & frameworks for Samsung, LG, Comcast, and others.
Position will be based in Miami, Florida or Santiago, Chile, although remote work can be considered
Fanatiz is a rapidly growing venture-backed technology company focused on digital sports media. Its businesses include a direct to consumer subscription-based OTT service, a white-label OTT SaaS product, and strategic business partnerships with sports leagues – the common denominator being a pioneering role in live sports’ digital revolution. Fanatiz has worked with many of the world’s leading soccer leagues and has partnerships with leading industry players including Fox, Turner, Telefónica, BeIN Sports, Gol TV and Golf Channel, among others.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed for this post.