The world's simplest and most accessible gamification platform
We’re GameOn – Techstars alum and a team of smart, passionate hustlers. We’re looking for a Back End Engineering Lead to join the crew.
Our mission is to empower sports and entertainment content-distributors with the world’s most simple and accessible gamification platform. We work with partners like Comcast, NBCUniversal, Bravo and Real Housewives to deliver immersive and engaging prediction experiences via mobile and TV apps.
Oh, and we’re fully remote with hubs in Vancouver and Miami. Our “GO Anywhere” mantra allows you to choose where to work: our hubs (when safe), your home or any place else in the world. Sounds like a dream? Read on.
We look for self-starters with a founder mentality. We ship every day. We embrace bold ideas and encourage experimentation. You should like to ship, comfortable working across the back end stack and tools (Rails, Ruby, GraphQL, REST) and have a product mindset. You should be proud of your code and knowledgeable enough to know how to manage implementation tradeoffs.
- Collaborate with the leadership and engineering teams to design and build core product features that bring the entire product together.
- Be resourceful by scoping projects into shippable chunks and over-communicate expectations and timelines.
- Manage the integrity of the code base to ensure we’re building a robust and scalable architecture as we grow fast.
- Push for best-practices in our technology stack and the company.
- Assess and maintain a high bar for technical aptitude in new hires.
- Evaluate and execute on new technologies.
- 4+ years experience building rich clients or advanced Ruby, Python, Java or Go applications.
- Expert-level working knowledge of back end languages such as Ruby, Python and Java.
- Ability to dive deep into specific front end concerns like performance, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Incredible attention to detail with a keen sense of not letting perfection hinder progress.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop scalable patterns and architectures.
- Comfort across the technology stack to move features from concept to production.
Benefits at GameOn
- “GO Anywhere” and work from our hubs, your home or wherever in the world.
- Innovative culture and direct collaboration with senior management.
- Inclusion and diversity as a company priority.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.