At Ironhack we are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient — you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at Miami Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Screening our prospective students through technical interviews and coding challenges
A) Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (Angular2, React, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
B) Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
C) Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
D) Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
E) Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? 🙂
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology. We think it sucks that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution, so we empower students to find meaningful careers in software development or product design by offering immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated people.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space by making it more customer-centric and outcomes-driven. Students finish our program with a new way of thinking and approaching problems, resulting in new jobs, companies they’ve built, or promotions at their current jobs.
We are constantly updating our curriculum to reflect changes in the industry and we work hard to build a passionate community for our students and staff. With 10+ nationalities represented in a staff of 28 people, we are no strangers to diverse points of view, unusual background stories and independent go-getters. Everyone is heard, there is no bureaucratic B.S.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org