OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Operations role sits within the engineering team and is accountable for the IT processes that enable newly acquired brands to seamlessly integrate into OpenStore. Running an e-commerce store at scale is complicated because it requires many different software tools and vendors to succeed. Migrating to new tools securely and smoothly while operating the existing site is even more complicated. This role is a critical part of mitigating risk in the integration process, driving a smooth transition, and expanding our portfolio of e-commerce brands.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are highly detail oriented. Nothing slips through the cracks and you know how to escalate issues and think ahead for contingency plans.
- You thrive in fast-paced, agile environments. At this stage we’re still learning. You will iterate with the rest of the team on the integration playbook to build an increasingly low-risk and efficient process.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence. You know when to raise your hand and ask for help.
- You’re an effective collaborator. You co-create solutions that are better than the sum of individuals’ ideas. You embrace intellectual friction as a feature of improvement, not a relationship bug.
- You communicate effectively. You know how to deliver the right message to the relevant audience at the appropriate level of detail.
- You love to learn. You continually explore ways to improve your skills and knowledge through taking on new challenges and experiences.
- Your technical know-how helps unlock scalable solutions. Your experience in system administration best practices and viewing technical solutions holistically enables a well functioning operation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll own and optimize the technology tools migration playbook. With an eye towards efficiency, you’ll identify parts of the process to automate and which parts to adjust to drive efficiency while maintaining a high degree of security.
- You’ll manage the IT integration process for new acquisitions. You’ll be hands-on working with sellers, our pricing/diligence team, and our operations teams to execute the process for each new brand that is acquired. Key elements include the account management lifecycle (account ownership transfers, setting up new accounts, closing legacy accounts, and managing user permissions), domain ownership transfers, and other tool migration steps.
- You’ll collaborate with colleagues. Working with product and engineering to identify best practices and design scalable solutions. You’ll partner with operations colleagues to streamline the transition from integrations to full operations.
- You’ll help drive adoption of new tooling. Your contributions will lay the groundwork for productivity gains and solve communication problems. By rolling out and teaching others about new tools you will help the entire company move faster.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 2-3 years related experience in IT systems administration1-2 years in a position that required detailed reporting and process management
- Experience working with product, engineering, and operations teams
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Track record of managing complex projects
- Prior e-commerce or payments experience preferred
- Basic programming skills
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.