LAB Miami Ventures builds startups and empowers the Miami ecosys
We have an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneur and/or intrapreneur with solid new business development background to manage a world-class event organizing company based in Miami, FL. This person must convey a desire and belief in excellence and a willingness to join a leading company in their growth and expansion phase. The successful candidate should be a highly commercial individual with a proven track record in leading as well as managing a team, building relationship, and driving business growth.
The start up is supported by a group of investors and entrepreneurs with more than 20 years of experience in the events sector and with strong network and reputation in Miami.
Our candidate must be ready to take a leadership position and be an innovative leader in this event-producing venture.
The Founder/CEO will be in charge of the overall event production, budget and P&L with strong emphasis on sales and marketing related activities and quality control and oversight of contractors, vendors including convention services to achieve the objectives of each event.
This position manages logistical aspects on the event on-site, anticipates problems and implement appropriate solutions.
Key skills for this job are:
- Drive individual and team performance to create a high-performing event team.
- Drive the event: revenue / strategic development / customer satisfaction (sponsor, exhibitor
- Excellent sales and marketing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Deliver world-class operational show delivery.
- Fundraising skills in case of raising additional capital from outside investors.
- Ability to effectively work with venues, hotels and convention centers for site selections, meeting room and tradeshow floor setups, as well as coordinate efforts with conference speakers support staff, committee members and committee staff liaisons.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to anticipate change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and manage time well and work independently.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships to maintain effective negotiation of future events.
- Analytical skills, such as ability to solve problems and determine the best course of action in relationship to the project, client impact, and financial impact.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships; Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Skill in managing budgets and forecasting revenue and costs.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills including the ability to think quickly and react to demands of running a successful event.
- Ability to travel.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial confident team leader with a creative and innovative approach.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the event and/or experiential marketing sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A thorough understanding of the sales and marketing process for multiple industries.
- A flair for exploiting business development opportunities
- English is required. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is a clear added value.
- Bachelor’s Degree equivalent. MBA preferable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed for this post.