LAB Miami Ventures builds startups and empowers the Miami ecosys
About LAB Miami Ventures:LAB Miami Ventures builds startups and empowers the Miami ecosystem through 4 practice areas:
1) Events - providing a bridge that connects leading startups with established corporations and investors. Our events include:
- “Future of” Summits: annual innovation summits that bring together industry experts and startups in 4 different verticals: Real Estate Tech, Logistics Tech, Travel Tech, and Fintech.
- BrainFood – a monthly event co-hosted with Endeavor in which local entrepreneurs share secrets of their success. These monthly gatherings will help Miami startups and entrepreneurs understand the opportunities and challenges of launching and growing a business.
- Product Council – a quarterly gathering to share product/startup stories, network, and learn valuable lessons from seasoned product veterans.
2) Coworking – We built Miami’s first coworking space in 2012 called the LAB Miami in the heart of the Wynwood Art District 5
3) Venture Studio – A venture builder and incubator where we monitor market trends to identify new solutions. We then develop in-house and partner with highly motivated entrepreneurs. Some of our portfolio companies include MyRentHero, OrderOut and Partsium.
4) Corporate Services – We support corporates’ innovation strategies by connecting them with our vast network to learn about new and upcoming tech solutions.
JOB DESCRIPTION – StartUp Co-founder/CEO
LAB Ventures is constantly seeking amazing co-founders for the businesses we build. We are looking for visionaries and creative thinkers who enjoy building new solutions from the ground up.
Both technical and non-technical co-founders. May come from many backgrounds, but likely to fit one of these profiles:
● Prior StartUp founders with a strong track record looking for a new project
● Former management consultants, investment bankers or mid-level corporate executives with proven career success that want to actually start and scale a new business
● Amazing Engineers/Computer Scientists with entrepreneurial passion, seeking business experience
● Strong business acumen
● Ability to assess market trends
● A “client mind reader” who can detect and solve client needs quickly
● Drive to get sh*t done
● “Everything is possible” type of mentality and a true “go-getter”
● Self-motivated hustler who doesn’t get frustrated easily
● High energy individual with focus, persistence and patience
● Strong leader, willing to take hard decisions quickly, and correct course when needed
● Experience managing and building teams
● Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to persuade and inspire
● A fundraising shark
● Open to accepting feedback, seeks outside counsel
● Previous coding/programming experience highly desired
● Previous experience working in a StartUp environment highly desired
● Lead the development of a new company, from inception to launch to full scale operations
● Product definition, develop detailed requirements and supervise development
● Coordinate marketing materials creation
● Business development – the founder must act as Chief Revenue Officer!
● Full P&L responsibility
● Recruit hire train and supervise an A+ team
● Lead fundraising efforts and investor pitches
● Report regularly to Board of Directors
● We offer a unique opportunity for excellent founders to de-risk the process of entrepreneurship – we can provide a modest base salary as well as a large equity stake, capital to fund the business, and a solid business model with proven product-market fit, corporate partners, and clear path to success.
● Work alongside experienced entrepreneurs who have successfully launched, scaled and sold significant businesses such as Patagon.com, Open English, Feathr, Carbocoque, and Reed Exhibitions
● We provide capital, work space, business development, support services and a deep network of mentors and industry experts
● We build businesses, usually B2B, which leverage existing assets of and solve problems for our corporate partners – reducing market risk for new ventures
● You will be based in Wynwood, the coolest neighborhood in Miami;
● We will consider sponsoring amazing founders for a US work visa
LAB Miami Ventures is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to hiring and supporting amazing people from historically underrepresented communities in the technology sector.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed for this post.