LAB Ventures is looking for a top-notch Graphic Designer to join our marketing team and support design efforts for our portfolio companies, along with the entire LAB Ventures brand.
You love all things design and you sweat the details. You’re as comfortable animating as you are talking about why Papyrus is a travesty. You love the challenge of coming up with and executing the best creative solution for any given problem, and you have no hang-ups about collaborating with senior staff on a design-savvy team to produce engaging content according to a variety of briefs.
You’ll be expected to explore and start mastering a strong point of view in design and be able to explain your choices to other people on your team. Your daily tasks will include social media asset creation from start to finish, no-code web development, light animation, presentation design, and branding/identity design.
You’ll be working closely with a marketing manager and a team of engineers where you will also own the end to end design for mobile and desktop of either consumer-facing or enterprise-facing real estate software. This work is done through a culture of feedback, mutual respect, and kindness while building each other up with our diversity of skills and experiences.
If this sounds like you, apply below! *Applications will only be considered when submitted with a corresponding portfolio of work.
This position is all about having the right attitude— being super proactive, paying close attention to detail, and thinking strategically about creativity from beginning to end. Communication skills are critical, as the Graphic/Web Designer will be working very closely with and reporting to the Marketing department. Patience is a virtue (if not a requirement!) for this position, as all materials will be meticulously reviewed for accuracy and aesthetics before final approval is issued.
- Designing visual assets, including but not limited to logos, brand identities, social media ads, display ads, flyers, posts, internal documents (pitch decks), etc.
- Simple video editing and motion graphics
- Collaborate with the Marketing department on strategy and creativity for various company initiatives and projects
- UX/UI: Design wireframes and prototypes on Invision; designing graph user interface elements (such as menus, tabs, and widgets, etc)
- Web Design: Using Webflow, design web experiences based off of a creative and content brief Coding experience is a plus
- Demonstrates strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various design disciplines to create assets for marketing campaigns
- Skills that encompasses Website UX Design, videography, email design and layout, video storyboarding and video/motion graphics editing a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment for multiple key stakeholders
- Expertise with design software and graphic editing tools (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Canva, InDesign, AfterEffects/Premiere Pro, etc)
- Experience with no-code tech stack (Webflow, Bubble.io, etc)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in graphic design
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once; excellent time management skills
- Ability create compelling PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Ability to understand briefs and meet project deadlines
- Collaborative, flexible, and effective in a cross-functional workplace with diverse teams and shifting priorities
- Experience with MS Office (PPT, Excel) and G-suite (Google Docs, Google Slides etc)
- Spanish-speaking a plus
About LAB Ventures
LAB Miami Ventures is a startup studio (venture builder), creating disruptive new digital businesses based out of The LAB Miami. We ideate new tech businesses in the PropTech sector and then develop them from scratch in partnership with highly motivated entrepreneurs.
Our vision for the LAB Ventures Studio is the following:
- Take a core team & entrepreneurs in residence
- Add shared infrastructure & in-house funding
- Generate ideas internally, or in some cases, act as a cofounder
- Build multiple startups in parallel
- Trash what doesn’t work, reassign team – so you keep all the expertise
- Spin off what works into a dedicated company
- Grow. Exit. Repeat.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, and paid vacation/sick time.
LAB Miami Ventures is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to hiring and supporting amazing people from historically underrepresented communities in the technology sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.