About LAB Miami Ventures
LAB Miami Ventures is a PropTech focused Startup Studio focused on creating disruptive new digital businesses based out of Wynwood. We ideate new tech businesses and then develop them from the bottom up in partnership with highly motivated entrepreneurs.
Our vision for the LAB ventures Studio is the following:
– Take a core team & entrepreneurs in residence;
– Add shared infrastructure & in-house funding;
– Generate ideas internally, or in some cases, act as a cofounder;
– Build multiple startups in parallel;
– Trash what doesn’t work, reassign team;
– Spin off what works into a dedicated company;
– Grow. Exit. Repeat.
About Lumi Living
Lumi Living is an (already existing) off-campus student housing platform that provides top-of-the-line, community-oriented residential services to students, education institutions, and property owners. Our mission is to create communities of off-campus housing for students to study, socialize, and most importantly: thrive. From start to finish, we combine the human touch of our engaged Lumi team and a streamlined online application and resident management system.
What are we looking for?
We need an exceptionally skilled and ambitious experienced entrepreneur, with a long-term vision of success. The person for this role needs to picture themselves running a multi-billion-dollar company in the long term.
- Self-starter & Entrepreneurial Spirit – Desire to want to build, grow, and own the outcomes of a business’s success. Someone with a continuous improvement mindset capable of driving for results often with limited or incomplete information. Fast learner who takes initiative to learn quickly, is proactive and goal-oriented, and runs with what information is available vs. waiting to
- Strategic thinking – Co-founders need to excel at strategic thinking in order to identify product opportunities and make business decisions that ensure long-term success and growth
- Fundraising Experience – The right co – founder has several years experience in raising outside capital, preferably in a startup environment. You need to be well versed in the fundraising process, valuation calculations, and comfortable identifying and convincing investors to invest.
- Market research – It’s also vital that co-founders are able to conduct market research and analyze trends and data to make well-informed business decisions
- Product development – In the early stages of a company, co-founders take an active role in product development, making both high-level and minute decisions regarding their products before they go to market
- Marketing and promotion – Co-founders need to successfully promote their products before they go to market, building anticipation and creating demand through social media, advertising, and networking
- Personnel management – As a company grows, a co-founder needs to excel at recruiting, hiring, and retaining talented and dedicated staff members who can help bring the co-founder’s vision to life
- Financial modeling – Co-founders need a solid grasp of financial planning and forecasting and should be able to set milestones and budgets to ensure solvency and long-term growth. Along with this, co-founder needs to have the knowledge and skill set of obtaining external funding
A demonstrated leader, focused on the growth and development:
- Experience managing a Real Estate Portfolio
- Proficiency in identifying prospective sites, negotiating contracts, and providing lease abstracts
- Experience in Real Estate Ventures, Asset Management and Finance
- Experience and proven success with Fundraising, in a startup environment
- Strong business knowledge in the areas of Management, Finance, Accounting and Marketing
- Excellent communication skills; enjoys collaboration and driving alignment among stakeholders
- A Real Estate license is a bonus!
To apply for this job please visit www.labventures.co.
Comments are closed for this post.