Loupe was founded out of a desire to do better. Our origin story is a humble one: We saw that the sports card collecting hobby had a lot of inefficiencies, and we wanted to improve on it. At its heart, Loupe is a place where sports card buyers and sellers can come together to share their hobby.
We pride ourselves on making it easy and fun to partake in card collecting. You don’t need to love sports or sports cards to work at Loupe. We only ask that you share our vision of creating a better destination for the community of collectors. Together, we can do better — and we can make a lot of people happy along the way.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone with experience building robust and scalable backend systems on cloud infrastructure. As the Backend Engineer for Loupe, You’ll be in charge of architecting and building a fresh backend system, utilizing REST best practices, with a priority on fast, low latency solutions.
This role can be remote anywhere in the U.S.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Develop the services and APIs used by our mobile application developers
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and translate that into a pragmatic and effective solution
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Regularly improve quality through automation and performing code reviews
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2-7 years hands-on experience developing for a live service backend
- Major cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Video streaming (AWS IVS in particular)
- User management
- E-commerce and payment systems
- Knowledge of the Richardson Maturity Model for REST
- Experience trumps any college degree so we have no minimum education
We strive to be a best-in-class employer and a company that you’re proud to work for. To that end, we’ll do everything in our power to ensure you’re comfortable in your work environment, that you have opportunities for learning and professional growth, and that you’re given all the tools to do your best work. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Equity Participation
Loupe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Comments are closed for this post.