The OEO promotes local economic growth in Miami-Dade County.
This position is for school/district/community support serving as a liaison between the school, the region, the district, and the community, assisting with the development of programs, or activities, related to the improvement of communication with the general public. The incumbent is expected to be familiar with professional methods, techniques, and practices associated with the area of assignment.
The role of the Community Liaison Specialist at the district level will have an understanding of programs available to students and parents throughout Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Some of these may include programs which assist parents in understanding the education of their children; school/community support activities; distribution of materials; and programs which provide parents and students an understanding of the wide variety of programs and services available in the school district, such as Magnet Programs, Schools of Choice, Exceptional Student Education, Alternative Education, Adult Education, among others; and any other work related to the improvement of school/parent/community relations within the Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Graduation from high school or an equivalent certificate. Bachelor’s degree preferred with a major in psychology, sociology, education or related discipline.
2. Some previous experience in community service work required.
3. Demonstrated evidence of successfully having worked with diverse ethnic groups for a minimum of three (3) years.
4. Working knowledge of service and civic organizations in Miami-Dade County is desirable.
5. Ability to interface with personnel at all levels of the school system and the general public.
Please apply: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
If you have any questions email: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.dadeschools.net.
Comments are closed for this post.