Product and Business Development Director
Responsible for the digital products strategy and new digital business development of the company, supporting cross-BU convergent digital product initiatives, definition, development, delivery, implementation and early life performance. This role is pivotal in the overall digital transformation of the company covering digital consumer facing channels, e-commerce, and capitalize on the efficiencies from this digital evolution.
As part of the leadership team, the Director of Digital Products & Business Development is also responsible to contribute to Millicom’s overall strategic goals, to achieve profitable growth and to continuously improve the operations performance.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
- Develop and execute Millicom’s LATAM Digital Products Innovation roadmap in alignment with the Digital Lifestyle Strategy, Business Units and local markets needs. This includes regional and local agreements on source of funding and revenue objectives.
- Innovate in digital products and commercial models that may result in current business improvements and/or new opportunities for Millicom. Focus on creating products that users love.
- Lead cross-Business Units convergent customer facing digital initiatives.
- Drive differentiation via better customer experiences and engagements.
- Build and manage a high performance team of digital product managers and subject matter experts in the areas of digital channels, partnerships, productivity apps, content, media, payments and security.
- Implement methodologies to competitively develop consumer centric digital products that meet global and local business and needs.
- Build and foster Millicom as a friendly member of the digital ecosystem by engaging world-class digital companies as partners in order to improve customer experience, retention and ARPU.
- Responsible for Millicom’s digital presence in online channels seamlessly integrated across all customer touch points.
- Build and manage (early life) new digital revenue streams including payments, Digital Advertising, and Content (Video Music, Sports, etc.)
- Develop KPIs and analytics dashboards for all digital channels and services. Closely and periodically supervise dashboards as a source of data for adjusting and adapting digital products to meet customer, business and market needs.
- Develop and foster best practices and lessons learned with business leaders (regional and in-market) and organize digital workshop sessions to increment and level up digital knowledge across the organization.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in telecommunications, Value Added Services, digital content, media and applications.
- Hands on experience in managing, leading and implementing innovative digital products and initiatives
- Deep understanding of the digital ecosystem, players, business models and industry related best practices
- Bachelors of science, engineering or related field. Master is a plus
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary – multicultural teams
- Ability to quickly adopt to change and fast pace environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-driven and ability to motivate a fast-paced team.
- Fully Bi-lingual English & Spanish languages. French is a plus.
Ingredients for success
- Leading by Connecting: Connect people; stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to a learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products,
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities until communicating the vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies, products, services and ways of working. The end result is an inspiring vision on how to succeed in our markets with our consumers in the center.
- Leading by Change: From embracing change until leading and facilitating the implementation of change and handling of resistance for senior people. The end result is an on time implementation of change projects and actions while maintaining a high level of motivation and commitment.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for own results as well as for company results and values. Stimulate this attitude in others, make co-workers accountable. The end result is pro-activity, creativity and motivation: capable people who take ownership.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://millicomuniversity.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=millicomuniversity&id=1041 →