Website Motorola Solutions + Path Forward
The Path Forward Returnship program at Motorola Solutions is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Motorola Solutions, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Motorola Solutions offers flexibility that we know today’s workers need to be healthy and productive. During the Returnship program we offer additional flexibility to make the on-ramp to paid work as smooth as possible.
Every day, police officers, firefighters, paramedics and the people who support them use our products to help them stay safe and do their jobs. And we deliver. Our radios are sensitive enough to pick up a person’s voice even when they can’t hear themselves shout – yet rugged enough to drown in mud and keep right on working. They are designed to be used reliably under extreme stress – and to be managed from miles away. They are the product of thousands of customer studies – and millions of lines of code. They have survived falling from helicopters, being burned in fires, and being abandoned in the woods (though we don’t recommend this). Not everyone can create products like these. Can you?
Your responsibilities will range from requirements gathering, architecting, driving, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and enhancing software solutions for public safety devices.
You may be successful in this role if:
- You have a positive attitude and an enthusiasm to learn new things while building on your previous experiences.
- You’re a team player with great communication skills, able to work cross-functionally and find common ground in distributed team environments that span the globe.
- You’re not afraid to share your ideas and help the team brainstorm to solve complex challenges.
- You approach work with an ownership mentality, but are confident enough to ask for help when you need it.
- You keep in mind the bigger picture and always focus on meeting our customer needs.
- Ability to work in embedded software and RTOS is desired.
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practices is desired.
- Knowledgeable in the following: C, C++, Linux, RTOS’s, LTE Modem Architecture,
- Object Oriented Design/Architecture, UML, device driver development, and software configuration management (GIT) is desired.
- Knowledge of Marketing principles and functions and the challenges working with marketing and creative teams is desired.
What You Can Expect:
You’ll join a welcoming team excited to leverage your previous experiences and skills while providing support, mentorship and an introduction into the Motorola Solutions company culture.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years working experience or 3+ years with a Master’s Degree.
About Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit www.pathforward.org.
Comments are closed for this post.