Full Time, Benefit-Eligible
Location and Work Schedule:
Miami or Remote, Flexible HoursReports To:
Director, Software Engineering
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to develop within our full technology stack and deliver the next generation of online education for our students. The ideal candidate will have the skills to generate production-quality code for web-based and mobile applications. He or she will be a top-notch Software Engineer, who sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code, while utilizing technical aptitude, experience, communication, leadership and analytical skills to solve complex system problems. This role will handle architecture and development of critical systems using the latest technology (cloud, micro-services, and big data) and help mentor and lead other developers as part of an Agile software team. This includes working with a variety of technologies and standard design patterns to produce quality production code.
- Works closely with other developers in an Agile team to maintain and develop new and existing web properties.
- Responsible for integrity of technical work on projects. Helps to plan, estimate, organize, and perform the technical work of an assignment. Coordinates activity with other project team members.
- Improves our development culture: promote innovation, new technologies, trends, methodologies, development tools, best practices, processes, libraries, etc.
- Generates test cases, documentation, and participates in peer code reviews to ensure software quality.
- Stays current with evolving standards and technologies, implementing them within assignments as appropriate.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports and customer issues.
- Valid authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. is a must.
- 5+ years developing web applications.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and discipline in software engineering process; experience as a technical lead on complex projects, providing guidance on design and development approach.
- Comfortable working and multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability and desire to always be learning new technologies, frameworks, tools, languages, etc.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Programming: Java (J2EE), OOD, MVC
- Database: SQL, RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL), noSQL DBMS
- Web Technologies: Web Services (SOAP, RESTful), AJAX, HTML, TCP/IP
- Frameworks: Cloud (i.e. Google, AWS, etc.), Spring, Maven, Hibernate
- Process: Agile/SCRUM, Continuous Integration/Deployment
Open English (“OE”) has been a leader in online English Language Learning in Latin America since 2007. We provide individuals and corporate clients in emerging markets worldwide with a unique, practical and fun learning experience that caters to their own schedule and pace. The OE platform offers programs in English Learning with both on-demand content and personalized, live classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with teachers who are all native English speakers.
With the acquisition of Next U in 2015, OE is now positioned as a global education technology leader offering various online certificates in digital technology specializations. The Next U portfolio of certificates currently includes online certification programs in web development, digital marketing, and mobile app development, including Android and iOS.
To date, the company has offered its online classes to over 500,000 students across Latin America, Brazil, the United States, and now Turkey. The company has been featured on numerous media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN en Español, and NBC. Open English has raised $120M USD in funding – the third highest in the U.S. Ed Tech industry and as of 2014 has been named by PitchBook as the fifth most valuable Ed Tech company in the world. Open English offices are located in Miami, Pompano Beach, Bogota, Buenos Aires, Caracas, and Sao Paulo.
What We Offer:
- Very Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Flexible Work Hours and Occasional Telecommuting
- Top Tier Benefits w/ Generous Employer Contributions: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Great Company Culture, Employee Events, and Relaxed Dress Code
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://openenglish.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=8897483 →