Rapyd is Building the Future of Fintech.
Rapyd is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and make payments anywhere, using any method. By building the largest local payments network, we are unleashing global opportunities, letting businesses reach new markets faster, and giving more consumers access to innovative goods and services.
Built from the ground up as a global organization, diversity is in our DNA. We have offices in London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, California, and Reykjavik, and employees around the world. Our investors include Stripe, General Catalyst, Oak FT, Tiger Global, Durable Capital, Target Global, and TaL Capital.
If you’re looking to be part of a fast-growing company that’s disrupting the payments industry by building transformative technology, then join our team and play a pivotal role in developing the future of fintech.
Rapyd is looking for a dynamic, high-impact leader to lead and manage all risk and compliance efforts in the Americas region. The role will deliver advice based on a wide breadth of competencies across compliance and risk domains (e.g., regulatory, operational, financial, strategic, technology, and product). The role will work directly with Senior Leadership in the business to identify and mitigate various risks (e.g., regulatory compliance risk, legal risk, anti-money laundering risk, payments risk, fraud risk, chargebacks/returns, etc.), advise on business/product strategy while considering compliance/risk requirements, and ensure Rapyd meets its regulatory obligations. The role will help build, manage, and operationalize Rapyd’s Risk and Compliance management programs and client onboarding UX via a data-driven approach that supports Rapyd’s global framework. The role will also serve as the Americas’ risk and compliance key contact with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., clients, partners, regulators, etc.).
- Develop, manage and lead the Risk and Compliance programs, policies, procedures, and processes for the Americas region.
- Be a contributor in business strategy development with keen understanding of internal and external influences, the business climate, and execute accordingly.
- Provide day-to-day Compliance and Risk advice/best-practices to Business and Support Unit constituents relating to various activities, including high-risk activities, third party risk management, payments risk, fraud risk, chargebacks/returns, AML/CIP compliance, NACHA compliance, etc. via a variety of use cases/products (Rapyd Collect / Accepts any payment across borders and currencies + Rapyd Disburse / Pay Workers, Vendors, and Customers across borders and currencies + Rapyd Wallet / Empower Users with Financial Accounts, Products and; Services + Rapyd. Issuing / Deploy and Manage Card Programs Globally).
- Develop and/or refine internal and external compliance and risk management tools to support expected growth while enabling a user-friendly onboarding flow.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate and risk assess new and novel products and services.
- Develop and present periodic risk and compliance reviews for senior leadership, noting key areas of focus and progress against established goals, emerging risks, and regulatory changes impacting Rapyd’s products, services, and markets.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are understood and complied with, within emerging growth initiatives and new products across the Americas region, including the LATAM markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team professionals and strive to deliver exceptional and responsive service by providing risk and compliance management expertise in a clear, solution-oriented, and customer-focused manner.
- Identify, manage and monitor key risks, including risks associated with regulatory compliance, AML, fraud, payments, cards, etc. and in connection with clients, merchants, sub-merchants, partners, sponsor banks, vendors, etc.
- Work with our Sales/Business Development team to ensure prospects/clients’ use cases, funds flow, and overall business model are in line with Rapyd’s compliance and risk acceptance level.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain regular interactions with internal teams (Legal, Sales/Business Development, Solutions Engineering, Financial/Network Partners, HR, etc). and external stakeholders (e.g., clients’ compliance and risk teams, financial partners, auditors, regulators, etc.).
- Work with key platform partners to integrate new e-KYC, detection, and other technologies to provide effective and scalable solutions.
- Maintain current awareness of regulatory developments.
- Hire, manage, and/or train compliance staff.
- Escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Criminal Law, or similar discipline
- At least 10 years of Compliance and Risk experience.
- Strong understanding of international banking and payments industries in the Americas region (North America and Latin America), including regulated payment entities, money service businesses, payment facilitators, neobanks, etc.
- Former experience establishing relationships with Commerce players, banks, lenders, Fintechs, and clients who live and breathe payments every day.
- Experience in a Payments/high-tech company required.
- Experience in card issuing and card acquiring is highly desirable.
- Experience in dealing with US Federal and state banking regulators.
- Proven experience managing merchant risks and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Experience in risk management associated with payments, fraud, and returns/chargebacks.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Excellent program and project management skills.
- Law degree, CAMS, and/or CFE certifications are a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.