Your Tenant Delinquency Toolbox
We are looking for a Marketing & Business Development Associate to play a vital role in the early days of RentCaddy, a proptech startup based out of Miami, FL. The intern will work closely with, and directly for, the CEO as the product launches, seeks validation through a pilot program and its first customers, and raises a seed round of funds. The intern will benefit from having direct instruction and mentorship from the CEO, and enjoy an environment that fosters creativity, and encourages personal ownership and initiative, while experiencing the excitement of an early-stage startup.
- Conduct research to expand existing B2B sales outreach database
- Create customer-specific sales decks with in-depth research, including past eviction analysis
- Develop a consistent sales outreach strategy and assist CEO in its execution
- Work alongside UX/UI Designer and Marketing Manager in the creation and implementation of marketing efforts including but not limited to email outreach, social media posts (FB, IG, and LinkedIn), content marketing (blog/SEO), and public relations (press roundups and features)
- Assist in customer onboarding onto platform
- Conduct Product Quality Assurance/Bug Testing
- Create ad hoc reports as needed
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented – consistently meets or exceeds expectations
- Independent – can run with a task or project with little direction
- Great attention to detail; takes pride in quality of work
- A customer-focused and positive mentality
- Proficiency with various software, apps and computer programs
- A polished, professional appearance
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly
- Current students or recent grads encouraged or those looking for a career change
- Flexible hours and ability to work remotely
Nice to Have:
- Experience creating high quality content for online channels
- Basic or intermediate design skills
Location (allows for Remote Work):
The LAB Miami in Wynwood – 400 NW 26th Street Miami, FL 33127
This is a non-paid internship position. We are growing quickly with the potential to bring on paid, full time staff in the near future for the right candidate(s).
RentCaddy is an automated platform for property owners and managers to save time and money when dealing with late and non-paying tenants, or what is known in the rental industry as rent delinquency.
How big of a problem is rent delinquency? Even before COVID-19 there was a housing epidemic in the US, where, on average, 3.6M households are evicted from their homes every year. This creates long-term negative effects for those individuals and families, making it harder for them to find suitable future housing, potential loss of government assistance, increased health risks such as depression, etc. On the other side of the spectrum, property owners lose over $8 billion a year in lost rent, court and legal fees, repair costs, commissions and other expenses related to rent delinquency. Additionally, almost half of US renters are considered cost-burdened, living month-to-month, paycheck-to-paycheck or tip-to-tip, so a single large and unexpected expense, or a job loss, can easily turn them into a rent delinquent tenant.
While evicting a tenant for nonpayment of rent is a legal right, it is not always in a property owner’s best interest to do so. RentCaddy helps bridge the gap by instantly communicating and effectively executing mutually beneficial methods of resolution, to remove the friction in order to avoid the eviction route. This is why RentCaddy is the modern solution to rent delinquency.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.