“AMEX for the Next Generation”
SELECT is an invitation/application-only black card, concierge, and membership community that connects our members with exclusive and unlimited point-of-sale rewards across the globe and online. SELECT will soon introduce credit and debit cards in addition to the current membership product.
- Huge opportunity. Over the past several years, we’ve seen fintech disrupt a number of the largest financial services segments including payments, consumer checking/debit, investments, business credit, and student loans. However, the premium and premier consumer credit market remain untouched and shockingly underserved by legacy incumbents.
- Market Need. 82% of Millennial cardholders rank rewards as “extremely important” and the highest criteria for card selection (aside from price), and over 50% of them plan on applying for a new rewards card within the next year. 80% of them will make that new rewards card their primary card.
- The Right Product. SELECT has built one of the largest and most unique point-of-sale rewards systems in the world. SELECT partners directly with top local restaurants and nightlife venues as well as premier global brands in travel, lifestyle, entertainment, and more, giving our members access to exclusive, meaningful, and unlimited rewards at over 1.6 million locations and online.
- Proven Product-Market Fit. As an extra fee-based membership, SELECT has signed up over 18,000 paying members and generated over $6.5MM in revenue. We’re consistently able to attract the cardholders every financial services company wants, with six-figure median individual incomes across the membership.
- A Diverse Team. You couldn’t create a more diverse team than SELECT’s. We’ve organically collected a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that is hard to match. Our collective expertise spans from financial services to luxury marketing and customer service and from modeling to hospitality. This team has hustled to create a network of relationships that has enabled us to create a program of benefits renowned as the best in the world.
- Culture. We work hard but offer work-from-home flexibility and like to have fun. As a nature of what we do, our team enjoys high-end lifestyle benefits and experiences that are unparalleled and unavailable anywhere else. Similarly, they enjoy unique professional development experiences through monthly speaker series and panels – as well as far less sophisticated, but very fun virtual team get togethers.
- Resources and Growth. SELECT is backed by leading institutional investors and noteworthy angel investors. A few of them include: Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Landscape Capital, Right Side Capital Management, Gambit Ventures, and Gaingels.
- Widespread Acclaim. Our success is not just of our own profession. SELECT has been called “AMEX for the next generation” and “the card for the next generation” by Fox Business and Huffington Post respectively. We were finalists in the first ever Visa Everywhere Initiative, invited to the Mastercard Innovation Showcase, selected as part of the Plug & Play Fintech accelerator, and are actively a part of the Forbes Finance Council. NASDAQ says, “SELECT is turning the concept of a black card on its head and Forbes lauded our program for having “discounts at the best restaurants and unbeatable hotel discounts”.
- Opportunity for Growth. SELECT is a merit-based company. We promote and reward based solely on merit. The more you advance the company, the more you advance with the company. We’ve had an intern make it to the C-Suite.
About this Role
The Community and Operations Intern will assist in a wide range of both community and operations initiatives including facilitating member experiences via our concierge service and assisting in our supply chain and website operations. The Community and Operations Intern will also have the opportunity to assist with event logistics (if applicable) as well as press and public relations initiatives.
Who you are:
You are a foodie, a traveler, an adventurer and the one in the know. You’re the friend who knows when the best new restaurants are opening, the one who nabs tickets to that sold out event and the one who can find the speakeasy with the perfect cocktail. You are always on the lookout for amazing new experiences and can’t wait to have your friends join you on them.
Desired traits and skills:
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and textually
- Incredibly detail oriented and a super organizer
- High level of resourcefulness and strong willingness to learn
- An interest in startups and entrepreneurship
- Concierge, hospitality and event planning experience a plus
- Managing inbound inquiries, recommendations, reservations and concierge requests
- Assist in day-to-day operation initiatives including but, not limited to the SELECT Card supply chain and website and mobile application upkeep.
- Helping manage the execution of multiple member events per month (if applicable)
- Cultivating relationships within the community
- Assisting in the execution of press and public relations strategies
- Paid Internship.
- Full-time potential. We hire approximately 1/2 of our interns for full-time positions.
- Flexible and remote work culture.
- Complimentary SELECT Membership. (If 21+)
- Exclusive in-person and digital events. (We do some big ones including Art Basel, Swim Week, and Miami Music Week in Miami)
We’re based in NYC and Miami, but we’re remote-friendly and welcome all qualified applicants!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed for this post.