OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a Strategic Finance Lead as our first hire on the Strategic Finance team. As a part of the Finance team, you’ll be a steward of our financial health and ensure our ability to hit company targets. You’ll have a seat at the table for mission-critical decisions and drive company strategy. You’ll build complex financial models and guide our financial planning process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll anchor our strategic finance team: Seed the development of a high impact team that informs company financial strategy.
- You’ll define our financial roadmap: Build and maintain our financial model and forecasts to long term financial strategy by advising on growth, hiring and strategic projects
- You’ll take ownership: Oversee portfolio level forecasting, compensation planning and evaluating growth opportunities for the company.
- You’ll inform planning: Drive annual and quarterly financial planning processes to align with current roadmaps.
- You’ll help us run a tight ship: Provide budget guidance to teams to ensure we are allocating our resources thoughtfully
- You’ll contribute to many areas: Collaborate cross-functionally throughout the company including with our Pricing, Operations and Corporate teams to synthesize many data points into digestible plans.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 6+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate finance.
- Prior operational experience at a high growth company.
- A systems-oriented mindset. Our business model requires scalable models and processes to enable growth.
- Prior experience with SQL and other data visualization tools
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships across many differing functions.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.