Website Sunstone Credit
Democratizing access to solar for businesses
Sunstone Credit is a financial technology company working to help businesses go solar.
Solar in the United States is an exciting, accelerating industry. In the first half of 2021, 56% of all new electricity-generating capacity was solar. Homeowners and really large businesses are increasingly installing solar, but we need to make it easier for small and medium sized businesses to do the same.
Sunstone Credit is working to grow this significantly underserved segment in the solar industry by offering financing solutions that democratize access to renewable energy solutions for businesses. With unique capital and proprietary software, Sunstone provides a simple and efficient loan process that solar installers use to help businesses finance the installation of their solar system.
By partnering with best-in-class renewable energy developers across the country, we help our partners grow and develop new customers and markets. By providing solar loans, we help businesses control their energy costs, contribute to meeting our country’s climate goals and ensure our entire economy is benefiting from clean, distributed electricity generation.
About the Role
Sunstone is seeking an Associate of Business Development to join our team. You’ll report directly to the Head of Business Development and help grow Sunstone’s commercial activities by helping drive the sales process with research and outreach, supporting Sunstone partners during the onboarding and launch phase, helping ensure their success and managing strategic projects. Expect significant autonomy in a quickly evolving role and industry and help us build a company that is agile, partner focused, and value driven.
- Drive Sunstone’s commercial activities by managing and participating in the recruitment, onboarding and training of solar developers to facilitate the use of Sunstone’s loan products
- Create and manage a pipeline of new business by finding unique sources and conducting research to identify potential partners and the appropriate contacts within those partners. Find contact information and with this information, initiate the outreach process via cold calling, email campaigns and in-person/zoom meetings. Support the pitch and onboarding process by managing communication
- Drive partner success post onboarding by working with partner installers and supporting their efforts to use Sunstone’s products in the commercial sales process
- Assist with the development of marketing products and marketing campaigns by creating materials, drafting content and managing deployment
- Manage individual strategic products to help Sunstone improve its fundamental product and technology or launch new products or initiatives
- At least two years of professional experience, preferably in a customer facing role
- Engaging, confident, and energetic with the ability to create rapport and inspire action
- Thrive in situations that require initiative, thinking on your feet, and adaptation. Excited by building something new and doing something for the first time
- Strong written and communication skills. Able to convey professionalism, personality and brand identify via email and other digital mediums
- Able to excel while working remotely and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree desired
- Willingness to travel
To apply for this job please visit sunstonecredit.applytojob.com.