Website Sunstone Credit
Democratizing access to solar for businesses
Sunstone Credit is a financial technology company working to help businesses go solar.
Solar in the United States is an exciting, accelerating industry. In the first half of 2021, 56% of all new electricity-generating capacity was solar. Homeowners and really large businesses are increasingly installing solar, but we need to make it easier for small and medium sized businesses to do the same.
Sunstone Credit is working to grow this significantly underserved segment in the solar industry by offering financing solutions that democratize access to renewable energy solutions for businesses. With unique capital and proprietary software, Sunstone provides a simple and efficient loan process that solar installers use to help businesses finance the installation of their solar system.
By partnering with best-in-class renewable energy developers across the country, we help our partners grow and develop new customers and markets. By providing solar loans, we help businesses control their energy costs, contribute to meeting our country’s climate goals and ensure our entire economy is benefiting from clean, distributed electricity generation.
About the Role
Sunstone is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team! As a leader on the business development team, you’ll report directly to the Head of Business Development and help grow Sunstone’s commercial activities by partnering directly with solar developers, contributing to Sunstone’s market strategy, and managing important projects and functions. Expect significant autonomy in a quickly evolving role and industry and help us build a company that is agile, partner focused and value driven.
- Provide strategic perspective and insight on revenue generating activities while acting as the voice of the customer and helping Sunstone continue to refine its products and technology
- Partner with solar installers to originate loans through Sunstone’s platform. This includes identifying and building relationships with solar installers who would benefit from Sunstone’s loan products
- Onboarding the installer to Sunstone’s platform and training the installer’s sales team on the use of Sunstone’s products
- Collaborating with partner’s sales teams to assist in loan origination
- Develop business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and strategic partnerships
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customers’ business including needs and sales cycles, and create strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business
- Create and manage a pipeline of new opportunities
- Develop outreach strategy and collaborate on product development
- At least four years in a business to business sales role
- Engaging, confident, and energetic with the ability to create rapport and inspire action
- Thrive in situations that require initiative, thinking on your feet, and adaptation. Excited by building something new and doing something for the first time
- Able to excel while working remotely and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Background in commercial finance or commercial solar is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree desired
- Willingness to travel
To apply for this job please visit sunstonecredit.applytojob.com.