We are looking for an experienced Director of Accounting, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Director of Accounting’s responsibilities will also include financial risk management. CPA required, as well as experience with a transactional business model 50M-100M in annual revenue.
Reporting directly to the Executive team your role will be to:
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Research, document, and communicate to leadership the implications of various technical accounting and financial reporting matters
- Participate in review of contracts for revenue recognition issues and provide accurate accounting guidance on revenue, cost of sales and other accounting aspects
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including, but not limited to, new processes, procedures, workflows or system enhancements.
- Manage the preparation and administration of employee agreements as well as payroll and benefits set-up.
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Data aggregation, standardization, manipulation and organization.
This will include specific tasks such as:
- Process payroll in a timely manner (JustWorks,Deel,Bank Treasury Systems)
- Manage Cash Flow and Account Balances (Quickbooks)
- Help Integrate Quickbooks with other systems (Bill.com, Salesforce, Slack etc)
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (by the 10th of each month)
- Cash reporting, analysis and projections (Semi-Monthly)
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (Gross Margin)
- Sales Audits (weekly)
- Commission Reports (monthly)
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management (Monthly)
- Provide financial analyses as needed (Monthly)
- Monthly review and revisions with Executive Team
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual review
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor compliance to financial requirements outlined in contracts, company policies and local laws
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including The Accounting
- Standards for Private Enterprise.
- Self-motivated individual who strives to go above and beyond to do what’s best for customers
- Can work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Familiarity with accounting software, ideally Quickbooks
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone pitches in
- Ability to quickly build rapport with multiple internal teams
- Thrives in a fast moving environment where things are always changing
- Questions the status quo and isn’t afraid to speak up
- You think strategically but like to roll up your sleeves.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- Experience with a transactional business model
What Success Looks Like
- Establish COGS Margins on a per order level
- Establish department based cost attribution
- Decrease the marginal tax liability of the company
- Keep 100% financial data integrity
- Close monthly books within 5 business days
To apply for this job please visit jobs.swagup.com.
Comments are closed for this post.